Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Bad Sales From Clear Satellite?

Contributor

Bad Sales From Clear Satellite?

I received a call from someone SAYING THEY WERE FROM AT&T...from 801-318-1980...they called my cell and greeted me thinking I would be my wife ("Hello:  is this...").  They talked about DirecTV so seem to have been concerned with tv service.  They asked if I was having trouble with my service and that a lot of customers in my area were having trouble with their service, and that they could help. Well...I only  have AT&T services...so they were saying the service from the company they work for is bad.  And they had my records wrong.  Somehow they had my wife's name tied to my cell number...so it all seemed very fishy... so I asked for a supervisor...who said they were Clear Satellite an AT&T Partner, not AT&T.  I have no idea what's true, but the misrepresentation is obvious.  Sales partners, if they really are one, were given contact information...apparently poorly...misrepresented themselves as being from AT&T...and bashed the company they claimed they work for or represent or are a partner with.  As a retiree of AT&T, I find this kind of practice most disheartening and a very poor reflection on AT&T.  Can they be stopped???

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Bad Sales From Clear Satellite?

Agree. As for sales phone calls - never do deals with the person/agent. Go directly to the store for service.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

Except Directv does not have their own stores. Even with AT&T acquiring Directv, AT&T store agents can only process new service for Directv like the 3rd party location they have been.

However a 3rd party calling about reports of trouble with service sounds more like a scam than a legitimate call. Any proactive technical concerns would be handled by Directv itself not some 3rd party. I say either a pure scam, or a 3rd party agent who was trying to "con" a legit sale out of you.

Go to www.directv.com or call 1-800-531-5000 as these are the official contact for Directv. Also you can go through the forum to @ATTDIRECTVCare where you can send them a private message.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

This is a scam for sure but they may have been phishing for info so they can do ID theft by getting you to "correct their misinformation"

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support