Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Att lied about directtv

Contributor

Att lied about directtv

Had my directtv installed today was told by att I would get espn and other sports channels when I signed up. Well when they turned it on I had to upgrade to get channels, when I cancelled Comcast att said my Comcast internet bill would be 75.00 they were wrong again I am now having to pay more than ever is there any way to drop the direct tv I haven't even had it 24 hrs
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Att lied about directtv

ESPN and ESPN2 are in packages Entertainment and above (except Preferred Xtra). ESPNU and ESPNews no less than Choice, but otherwise same requirements.

What package do you have and what happens when you go to those channels?

What other sports channels are you having trouble with?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Contributor

I have choice now I had to upgrade to get it when they told me at att that it was included in the select package I am cancelling asap and dropping att cell service also
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Expert

That is your choice. Remember when you started with Directv the intro special gave you a 24 month agreement which early cancelation fee is valued at $20 for each month remaining (max $480). Can't speak for the AT&T side.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Well when I was deceived and lied to by att rep at the store I'm finished with them I questioned her in front of other customers and employees who all heard me and she even went and double checked with the manager. It's not right. Looking at the contract it is for one year through att

Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

AT&T service has a 1yr agreement. Directv has a 24 month agreement. Though Directv was acquired by AT&T their services and agreements are seperate. You would have received an email of the Directv side of the order, which if you don't still have it you can call Directv 1-800-531-5000 to resend it.

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support