Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T or Sedgwick?

Tutor

AT&T or Sedgwick?

It is going on 4 months now with a hole in my living room ceiling from the DirectTV installer. Sedgwick is dealing with the claim but has denied my 2 estimates that I provided them. They say they will only pay 1/3 the cost of my lowest estimate because it doesn't sound like a "normal" price. So I am tired of this, it is 15 degrees here and the warm air doesn't stay at ground level very long and this needs to get fixed ASAP! So, who do I go after? AT&T, Sedgwick or both?

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Message 1 of 8
Tutor

Re: AT&T or Sedgwick?

Well, since nobody has any input, ***

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Message 2 of 8
Contributor

Have you had any luck with this ? Am also encountering issues with Sedgwick....

Message 3 of 8
Tutor

Not yet, I have sent a letter to AT&T. I need to send Directv a letter but haven't had a chance to yet. I have just completely stopped talking to Sedgwick before I do something stupid because they are incompetent.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Master

who is sedgwick?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
Tutor

Sedgwick is a third party company that ATT uses to handle insurance claims. Google them, ATT employees have to go through them for disability claims and whatnot. They are the company my claim was sent to for processing property damage. They get a 1/10 of a star out of 5 on all searches. Not sure how they are still in business. Oh wait, yeah I do, by screwing everyone.
Message 6 of 8
Mentor

.  Stop jacking with them. You have a claim to your home that was not done by you. If it is a legit claim it should have been produced by someone in the local area.(normally a supervisor or Operations chief). It would have been either denied or sent forward for payment and repair at that point. 

Finally thought and words......get[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 7 of 8
Tutor

Try reading their article on property damage. All claims are handled by Sedgwick, not local companies. I have already contacted over a dozen attorneys in my area. Each one has told me that since it is a civil issue, they will not get involved because it is a waste of their time.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support