Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T and Samsung.... SCAM/SKETCHY RELATIONSHIP

Contributor

AT&T and Samsung.... SCAM/SKETCHY RELATIONSHIP

I've been an att customer in one way or another for 5 years and have been scammed, mislead hear and there several time. However, this time takes the cake...

In March/April 2016, I purchased a Samsung Edge at what was the tail end of a promotion. The promotion offered a 48" Smart TV with the purchase of the phone. We had no real need for the phone or the TV, but my mother-in-law could use both. I contacted AT&T and began the process.

Over the phone, I asked the customer care agent if I met ALL requirements for the promotion (New DirecTV service-check, AT&T cell service-check, AT&T internet service-check). She says "Yes Mr Coley. You are eligible for the "free" Samsung smart tv". After all was said and done, I was told the TV would arrive in 4-6 weeks....

16 weeks later and I still have NO tv. On my 1st call, AT&T asking that "I" contact Samsung because they saw no issue with the arrangement. I then call Samsung and am told "We sent you an email stating that you did not qualify for the promotion" (This going to the email address of keithcoleman??? Another AT&T error). I then make a 2nd call to AT&T. I give full detail to the CSA and they again confirm my eligibility. I ask that she be on the call with me when I speak to Samsung, but am somehow forwarded to Samsung with no AT&T representative,ugh.... This is getting incredibly annoying and time consuming. Needless to say, I have experienced this same type of call and result for a 3rd and 4th time with each side stating "I'm going to pass this on to the highest authority Sir, we will contact you within 3 business days".....

3 things here....

1) Mom happens to be an AT&T retiree. She's asked that I can her to get some insight on how AT&T usually handles this type of situation and what I should do.

2) Ive been an AT&T customer for years. Easily paying $25 to $30,000.00 for their services to this date. The company SHOULD provide better service. especially in a society where company loyalty does not exist.

3) This relationship is on the line because AT&T displays more concern in signing me up for something ($$$) rather than the long term relationship where we both benefit.

I'm going to post this on every blog, forum and social media site I'm affiliated with. All of this over a $500 tv promotion promise... Ridiculous

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: AT&T and Samsung.... SCAM/SKETCHY RELATIONSHIP

Try sending a private message to @ATTDIRECTVCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: AT&T and Samsung.... SCAM/SKETCHY RELATIONSHIP

L-M-A-(O) no response? shows how bad their support is. Do employees even care ? AT&T has always cared about $$ and never their customers. There is NO customer protection with AT&T its terrible. I'll keep their internet though! 

-Can't even type the first word correctly because its profanity lol

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support