Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Tutor

Is anyone having problems with there 4K programming? Like not working ?
Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert

Re: 4K

Did it ever work for you?

More details about your equipment and exact symptoms would be helpful. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

No just had the boxes upgraded to the 4K genie box. You go to channel 104 and get message that 4K not available at my location. Are you getting 4K or is anyone getting 4K programs
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

Is the C61K mini connected to the HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 60HZ port on the TV? Does the TV have the latest software?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
ACE - Expert

And you have an HR54 Genie DVR somewhere?

Message 5 of 10
Tutor

Yes have the genie 54 in the master bedroom
Message 6 of 10
Former Employee

The short answer is, yes, the 4K channels are coming in both at my work and my home.  What happened when you called tech support at Directv?

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

To be clear do you have the proper setup?

4K Requirements:

HR54 Genie on non 4K tv (this is because HR54 will not deliver 4K content, though it can be connected to a 4K tv)

C61 Mini Genie Client (wired only at this time) on 4K tv

4K tv must support HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0, and 60fps (frames per second)

Directv Installation, 4K tv must be there

Package Select or above as of 12/15/2016 (used to be only Ultimate or Premier)

At this time there are only three 4K channels. 1 regular, 1 select sporting events, 1 PPV.

Even if you have multiple C61 clients, only one tv can be using a 4K channel at a time.

RVU 4K tv with deca installed can be used instead of C61, but is not reccomended.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 8 of 10
Contributor

same with me. Sharp TV shows that my TV doesn't support 4K channel service although there are 3 dedicated channels for 4K. I have  SHARP 4K ready TV set

Message 9 of 10
Contributor

I have a SHARP TV that is 4K capable but when I tune to 4K dedicated channels I get a message that says my TV doesn't support 4K. The genie mini has problems with sound cutting out regularly; lasts for a second or so then comes back (this happens on recorded or live transmission) My FF button is slow and hangs when trying to bypass comercials on recorded programming. Direct TV SAYS IT IS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM BUT HAS YET TO BE FIXED.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support