Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watchmen Trailor - Tick,Tock,Tick,Tock ...

Highlighted

Watchmen Trailor - Tick,Tock,Tick,Tock ...

The first peek at this fall's Watchmen is here!

Staring Regina King, Jeremy Irons, Don Johnson, Jean Smart, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Hong Chau, Andrew Howard, Tom Mison, Frances Fisher, Jacob Ming-Trent, Sara Vickers, Dylan Schombing, and James Wolk - Damon Lindelof's (The Leftovers, Lost) reimagining of Alan Moore's groundbreaking graphic novel is coming this fall to HBO!

Message 1 of 4
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moderator
Accepted by ATTCommunityTeam
‎05-08-2019 1:03 PM

Re: The Watchmen Trailor - Tick,Tock,Tick,Tock ...

What do y'all think?

Are you ready for Watchmen, this fall on HBO?

Message 2 of 4
Professor

They're "re-imagining" Watchmen? Not adapting it?

I read an article where the creators said they're not going to recreate a single panel from the graphic novel, but build on the world around it. I honestly don't understand what this series is supposed to be. Is it a prequel? A sequel? Is it taking place at the same time as the novel, but without covering the main storyline?

It's hard to get excited when I don't even know what HBO's Watchmen is going to be. Watching the trailer just makes it more confusing, because there's no context. I don't understand why all these people are wearing Rorschach masks, and whether they're the inspiration for his costume (prequel), fighting alongside him (contemporary) or honoring his memory (sequel).​

Message 3 of 4

I hear you, @QuarryRye. I'm trying to be optimistic.

While it's an entirely different genre, Lindelof ended up taking a similar path with The Leftovers. The first season was very faithful to the novel (and was a really dull season of television, imo). Then, in the last two seasons, he used the novel as a jumpoff point - writing entirely new plotlines and characters that maintained the tone and overall .... "vibe" of the book. And those last two season were pretty outstanding. I don't know if he can catch lightening in a bottle twice, with this type of "re-imagining" but I'm intrigued.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support