Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Watchmen: A Guide for Newcomers to the HBO Show

Highlighted

Watchmen: A Guide for Newcomers to the HBO Show

Do you know who the Comedian and Dr. Manhattan are? Are you familiar with the Keene Act? Do you want to understand the mind of the series' key creator, Alan Moore?

Don't worry, we've got you convered. Watchmen: A Guide for Newcomers to the HBO Show will tell you all you need to know about the history of the graphic novel, the movie, the HBO show and the Watchmen themselves.

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock ....

Message 1 of 3
Administrator

Re: Watchmen: A Guide for Newcomers to the HBO Show

The wife is new to Watchmen (hasn't read the graphic novels, seen the movie, and even heard of it) and so watching the first episode was a little difficult for her to follow as they throw quite a lot at you. I'm pretty hopeful that with this guide, I can get her up to speed so we can start enjoying it together 😀 My office is in an AT&T NOW contact center so I've had to dodge co-workers left and right to avoid hearing any spoilers about the series because it's all anyone seemingly wants to talk about.

How's everyone else's experience been getting into this series? There's a lot of potential, and I can't wait to see how everything plays out.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3

Re: Watchmen: A Guide for Newcomers to the HBO Show

@ATTKevin- I'm in the same boat as your wife. I've never read the comic and never saw the movie and (honestly) never had any desire to do so. I'm not going to lie, some of this is lost on me, but I kind of enjoy shows (like Lost, Twin Peaks, etc.) that don't put it all together for you and expect you to figure a lot of it out on your own. And, even when I have no clue what is going on, I'm still enjoying the performances enough to not mind.

Having said all that, I'll likely read through this newcomers guide before the next episode. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Unwrap a $5 Starbucks® Card* Learn How
Additional Support