Contributor

Voice

Who is the voice of your new ad?

"Your Thing Ad"

February 12, 2018 Ad

Message 1 of 58
ACE - Expert

Re: Voice

It sounds like Lena Waithe but I can't find any confirmation.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 58
Contributor

I think you may be right, I thought it was Laila Ali however I wasn't sure.

Thanks so much for your help:-)
Message 3 of 58
ACE - Expert

I went back and listened (YouTube) and I think you're right!  It does sound like Laila Ali.  She has all kinds of endorsement deals (Activia, Adidas, Subway, Dr. Pepper) and she has a history with AT&T.

Mystery solved...maybe.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 58
Contributor

I  Thought the voice was Kym Whitley and her adopted son.

Message 5 of 58
ACE - Expert

I'm still saying Laila Ali.

Message 6 of 58

Lena was who immediately came to mind but I've yet to see confirmation anywhere  

Message 7 of 58

Lena was the voice I immediately heard but so far no confirmation 

Message 8 of 58
Contributor

The voice on that commercial is NOT a woman, it's a MAN. His name is D.J. Pierce and he is also known by his stage name Shangela Laquifa Wadley.

Message 9 of 58
ACE - Expert

Could be but still no confirmation.

Message 10 of 58
Contributor

It is Lena. She confirmed it on Twitter. 

Message 11 of 58
ACE - Expert

Yea for me!  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 58
Contributor

I keep thinking it’s Kim Whitley too!! Need someone to confirm. 

Message 13 of 58
Contributor

I thought it was kim Whitley too. Need someone to confirm 

Message 14 of 58
ACE - Expert

Someone asked Lena Waithe on Twitter if that was her voice on the AT&T commercial and she posted a sly grinning meme.  That's as close to a confirmation anyone has gotten.

My daughter did a JCPenney commercial (on camera) and got credited at iSpot.tv where you can find nationally broadcast commercials.  I searched for the AT&T "More for Your Thing" campaign and while they have the commercials they don't have a listing of who's doing the voice over.   It could be that they only list on air actors and not off camera VOs. 

Message 15 of 58
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support