Explore & discover

Helpful Links

The New Doctor Who

ACE - Expert

The New Doctor Who

Jodie Whittaker is the new Doctor Who!!pri_46786983

I liked her in the first season of Broadchurch, she played The Mom.

I'm ready for a new Doctor, unfortunately Peter Capaldi didn't make me consistently happy enough as any of the previous three Doctor's (I'll even go to four and include John Hurt). Many times I thought, "this is is" but then the next episode it was back to normal...

Chris Chibnall is taking charge of the show, I like the few Doctor Who episodes he did and a few (not all) of the Torchwood episodes. My concern that I didn't stick with Broadchurch and it had characters that I liked...

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 14
Administrator

Re: The New Doctor Who

I LOVED her in Broadchurch. She was also really great in 'Attack the Block':

I'm really looking forward to seeing her as the new Doctor.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 14
ACE - Expert

@davidbk I remember that movie, I just didn't recognize the title in her credits.

I was also looking and saw a few more Torchwood episodes that Chibnall did that I liked (the first list I saw was shorter but I thought it was complete).

We'll just have to wait and see I guess... Probably at least a year   Smiley Sad

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 14
Administrator

@Gary L I really loved the first season of Broadchurch but kind of lost interest in the second season. It felt like it was trying to extend a story that already had a 'natural' ending, imo.

I haven't tried 'Torchwood' yet, would you recommend it?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 14
ACE - Expert

@davidbk wrote:

I really loved the first season of Broadchurch but kind of lost interest in the second season. It felt like it was trying to extend a story that already had a 'natural' ending, imo.

I felt like the first season was extended enough...

I haven't tried 'Torchwood' yet, would you recommend it?

It's a darker adult (mature and sexier) spinoff of the 2005 Doctor Who reboot. With some small references back to Doctor Who (which is an anagram of Torchwood).

If you can't make it though the first 3 episodes then it's not likely your kind of show.

Episode 4, "cyber woman" is probably the worst of season 1, so don't let it be your tipping point...

Message 5 of 14
Administrator

Cool - when I have a chance, I'll check Torchwood out (and will try not to judge it on Episode 4 Smiley Happy)

Thanks, @Gary L!

Message 6 of 14
ACE - Expert

@davidbk Torchwood also has a lot of audiobooks usually read by one of the actors.

BUT they also have audioDRAMAS (plays) out there too with multiple characters doing their own voices, you might want to check those out AFTER you're done with at least season 3. These are much shorter than the audiobooks and definitely worth checking out.

Audible has a bunch of both kinds for when you're done, you could get through the audiodramas on the 30 day trial easy!

Message 7 of 14
Former Employee

I am SOOO excited for her to be the 13th. Loved her in Broadchurch, and after Missy, I was looking forward to a female doctor. A little sad Missy's dead, but with time travel I know we haven't necessarily seen the last of her!

I didn't stick with Torchwood; I keep meaning to finish it because I love Captain Jack (who doesn't?!).

But ahhh. Now the long wait for the Christmas special. I'm dying to see what the cosplay opportunities will be with this.

Message 8 of 14
Administrator

@Gary L wrote:

@davidbk Torchwood also has a lot of audiobooks usually read by one of the actors.

BUT they also have audioDRAMAS (plays) out there too with multiple characters doing their own voices, you might want to check those out AFTER you're done with at least season 3. These are much shorter than the audiobooks and definitely worth checking out.

Audible has a bunch of both kinds for when you're done, you could get through the audiodramas on the 30 day trial easy!

Sweet - thanks for the heads ip, @Gary L!

Message 9 of 14
Administrator

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Expert

Time for the boys to realize that women can save the universe / Earth / all-of-time too!!

Message 11 of 14
Administrator

@Gary L wrote:

Time for the boys to realize that women can save the universe / Earth / all-of-time too!!

@Gary L, I wish I could have given that 1,000 Kudos.

Smiley HappyHeartSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

I've got to say I really like Jodie Whittaker as the new Doctor Who, but I haven't been a fan for most of the latest season (her season).

Not sure if it's the writing or the directing or what, but overall it's not working for me Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 14

@Gary L,

i feel the same. I enjoyed Jodi Whittaker but I missed Seven Moffat’s writing. 

But ... in order to not be entirely negative ... I’ll end this post by wishing a happy birthday to the first doctor I ever saw (on PBS as a lil kid), Tom Baker!

102901B3-F8B9-4691-A2B3-621FDBDAABFD.jpeg

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support