Explore & discover

Helpful Links

The Biggest Snubs & Surprises Of The 2019 Emmy Nominations

The Biggest Snubs & Surprises Of The 2019 Emmy Nominations

Time to fill in your binge-watching calendar, because the 2019 Emmy nominations are out. Some shows came up over and over — looking at you, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Game of Thrones, which topped the nominations.

But we don't watch for the shoo-ins. We watch for the surprises! The unexpected reasons to show our fandom.

This year's batch of nominations give us plenty of reasons to cheer and boo - check The Biggest Snubs & Surprises Of The 2019 Emmy Nominations and then let us know which of your favorites did or did not make the list(s)!

Message 1 of 3

Re: The Biggest Snubs & Surprises Of The 2019 Emmy Nominations

I'm pretty surprised that Homecoming only got one nomination (for cinematography). I thought it was an outstanding miniseries

And a limited series by Sam Esmail (who previous won for Mr. Robot), staring Bobby Cannavale (who previously won an Emmy for Boardwalk Empire) and Julia Roberts (who is Julia Roberts) sure seems like that type of thing that would rack up Emmy nominations, even if it weren't good.

Also I'm bummed that The Good Place's D’Arcy Carden didn't get nominated for that episode where Janet impersonated nearly every other character on the show. That was - easily - the best comedic performance I saw, all year.

Message 2 of 3
Tutor

Re: The Biggest Snubs & Surprises Of The 2019 Emmy Nominations

USERLOVE

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support