Explore & discover

Helpful Links

That gum that you like is coming back in style ...

Highlighted
Administrator

That gum that you like is coming back in style ...

Am I the only one who has been obsessed with 'Twin Peaks: The Return'?

That last episode (#8) might have been one of the most horrifying and hauntingly beautiful hours I've ever seen on TV. I'm still trying to "unpack" all of the secrets and meanings in it ... 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor

Re: That gum that you like is coming back in style ...

Is this on Netflix?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

It's on Showtime. 

Maybe it's the intended acting style but this TP has many incredibly boring and extremely slow paced scenes.  For example in episode 7 there's the empty Roadhouse bar scene that shows a guy sweeping the floor for more than 2 minutes!  Come on.  Really?  It feels like forever while you watch that.   And he continues sweeping while the bar tender has a one-sided phone conversation about some girls - end of scene.  I assume the scene was inserted just to give the actor who plays the bartender some screen time (maybe he was in TP 25 years ago). Because I watched the original 25 years ago and I like non-predictable shows I'll stick with "The Return" but I am not obsessed with it.  Even for me this series is too off the wall.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Administrator

I can def. see that - and, truth be told, I'm ready to never see 'Dougie' ever again - but every time I feel like I'm about to tune out, something happens that pulls me back in.

I've also been wondering if the scenes, like the bar-sweeping one, are suppose to symbolize the willingness of people to watch anything they are "told" to watch - putting their blind faith in whatever or whoever told them to watch whatever it is. Kind of like that guy in episode 1 who was told to watch that glass box and agreed to do so without ever asking why or what he was supposed to see.

Or ... maybe I'm giving David Lynch too much credit. Smiley Happy

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support