Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Television Reboots

Television Reboots

It seems everything old is new, again, on TV.

With the news that HBO is bringing back Perry Mason, with The American's Matthew Rhys taking over Raymond Burr's role, we were wondering ... what other 'classic' TV shows could be rebooted?

Maybe a Murder She Wrote with Helen Mirren?

A gritty Hill Street Blues written by George Pelecanos and David Simon?

What do you think should come back?

Message 1 of 11

Re: Television Reboots

Does anyone remember Misfits of Science, about a group of teenagers (I think) with special powers?

I'm not saying it was a good show. Because ... it was not a good show. But I think the premise had/has promise and could succeed, today. Maybe paired with Supergirl, The Flash, etc. on The CW.

Message 2 of 11
Teacher

Oh man, I would definitely watch a Murder, She Wrote reboot. That's my favorite show of all time!  No need for Helen Mirren; Angela Lansbury is still alive, 93 years young!

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted

I think, if One Day at a Time, can have a reboot that brings it up to date and improves on the original, Good Times could, as well.

Message 4 of 11
Teacher

I remember this show, I used to watch it loyally. It didn't last, but it was cool from a scientific superhero perspective.  Marvel wasn't heavy in the movies yet, so these heroes were somewhat cool in an odd way...

Message 5 of 11

If I remember correctly, @TWDs.., the show had a kind of winking-to-the-camera humor that would really mesh well with the recent string of Marvel films, imo.

Message 6 of 11
Associated Member

they should do a reboot of the cartoon Code Name Kids Next Door and have the kids be the children of the original kids. As long as the person who does it is not the same that does Teen Titan Go. This remake is terrible

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 11

Great suggestion, @rldvxi - I'd like to see Pinky and the Brain come back, myself.

Message 8 of 11

I really enjoyed The White Shadow (https://nypost.com/2018/11/27/cult-classic-the-white-shadow-still-resonates-40-years-later/) I would love to see an updated version.

Message 9 of 11
Associated Member

@LilSebastian I love Pinky and the Brain. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 11

I don't think i would have put my money on New York Undercover but ... ok, I guess: https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/31/new-york-undercover-reboot-abc/

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support