Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Fall TV Season (small and large questions)

Administrator

Fall TV Season (small and large questions)

With the Fall TV season coming around the corner, I was curious (small question) - are there any new or returning shows you all are looking forward too? I'm mildly obsessed with The Good Place and I can't wait to see what twists and turns are planned for this season.

However, when it occurred to me that I was having trouble even thinking of new shows that were coming this season, I began to wonder (large question) is the 'Fall TV Season' even a thing, now?

Or has year long premium channel and streaming channel shows rendered the idea of a show premiering in the Fall kind of moot?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 10
Associated Member

Re: Fall TV Season (small and large questions)

I am more of a binge watcher so fall premiers do not mean much to me. In addition, I went a few good years without local channels so I do not really pay attention to any shows that premier on abc, nbc, fox, cbs and so on. I normally watch the reruns on spike or tnt. I'm a supernatural, bones, ncis, criminal minds and such fan.

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10
Administrator

I'm a recent convert to binge watching, @rldvxi. I burned through the first season of Jack Ryan in a day or two.

Do you think there are any shows that benefit from anticipation? It sorta seems, to me, like The Wire was (and now The Deuce is) more enjoyable because you had to wait 7-days to find out what happened next. Or do you think the instant gratification and convenience of seeing everything when you want it outweighs the anticipation?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 10
Associated Member

@davidbk I really think it depends on the audience and the show. If the show has a good cliff hanger then I am more likely to wait to watch it. However,my schedule makes watching a show at the same time every week difficult. I get off at 7pm est and with the bus I usually don't get home until 7:45, then it is dinner, dishes, and getting ready for bed. So recording and binge watching fits better for my lifestyle, plus we currently only have one tv set up. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 10
Administrator

That makes sense, @rldvxi.

I know that, thanks to the cliffhangers, I couldn't binge my way through Stranger Things quickly enough!

Whoops, I read through you're reply too quickly (sorry). Oddly enough, cliffhangers make me want to binge even more.

Message 5 of 10
Associated Member

@davidbk I have wanted to start watching Stranger Things. Right now I am binge watching Under Arrest. Which is the Canadian version of Cops

Message 6 of 10
Administrator

@rldvxi, so ... is that a super super polite version of Cops? 😉

I loved the first season of Stranger Things and enjoyed the second season. It's really going to depend on how much nostalgia you have for 80's era pop culture, sci-fi and Spielberg films. But it was pretty much right up my lane.

Message 7 of 10
Associated Member

@davidbk The cops are more patient. But with some of the people the politeness is thrown out of the window and it is really funny. Border Patrol Canada is also really good, they deal with some stupid people. lol

I am not the most nostalgic with 80s culture as I was born in 89. 

Message 8 of 10
Administrator

@rldvxi, that is awesome. 😄

TBH, Stranger Things may not do much for you. I get the feeling that a lot of it's enjoyment is built on that nostalgia thing. Although, by all means, check it out.

I'm not the all-knowing one on TV show appeal by any stretch of the imagination. 🙂

Message 9 of 10
Associated Member

@davidbk That's okay. There are countless tv shows out there. 

I watched the movie Stephanie last night and was up until 3am. It was a good horror flick

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Thanksgifting! Unwrap a $5 Starbucks® Card* Learn How
Additional Support