Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Apr 5, 2014
3:07:13 PM
View profile
Why isn't Directv a subscriber option for Amazon Fire TV ???

I got an Amazon Fire TV (similar to Apple TV, essentially a WIFI based set top box to access Internet based content) yesterday. After installing the Showtime Anytime app, I realized that I was stuck b/c Amazon Fire TV didn't list Directv as one of the subscriber choices to confirm you're a subscriber to Showtime. WTF :-(

I got an Amazon Fire TV (similar to Apple TV, essentially a WIFI based set top box to access Internet based content) yesterday. After installing the Showtime Anytime app, I realized that I was stuck b/c Amazon Fire TV didn't list Directv as one of the subscriber choices to confirm you're a subscriber to Showtime. WTF :-(

Why isn't Directv a subscriber option for Amazon Fire TV ???

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2014 3:17:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Perhaps because is so new.  but it took quite long time for DIRECTV to be listed on the Roku.  so hepefully soon

Perhaps because is so new.  but it took quite long time for DIRECTV to be listed on the Roku.  so hepefully soon

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why isn't Directv a subscriber option for Amazon Fire TV ???

2 of 8 (1,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2014 8:55:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

I just received my Amazon Fire TV.  I had been holding out on buying a Roku because I have an older audio receiver that only uses an optical input for digital sound.  After having installed the Showtime Anytime app, I too was quite disappointed to find that DirecTV does currently support the Fire TV device.  Please, DirecTV, join your competitors and get some support happening for the Amazon Fire TV.

I just received my Amazon Fire TV.  I had been holding out on buying a Roku because I have an older audio receiver that only uses an optical input for digital sound.  After having installed the Showtime Anytime app, I too was quite disappointed to find that DirecTV does currently support the Fire TV device.  Please, DirecTV, join your competitors and get some support happening for the Amazon Fire TV.

3 of 8 (1,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2015 9:38:04 PM
(0)
Contributor

this original post is almost a year old.  Directv still isn't listed as a subscriber option for Amazon FireTV for History channel or A&E (certainly not ESPN).  They've signed the deal with Roku and AppleTV - let's get it done for the FireTV!!

Hurry, your customers want this (although I'm not sure that matter to them).

this original post is almost a year old.  Directv still isn't listed as a subscriber option for Amazon FireTV for History channel or A&E (certainly not ESPN).  They've signed the deal with Roku and AppleTV - let's get it done for the FireTV!!

Hurry, your customers want this (although I'm not sure that matter to them).

4 of 8 (1,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 23, 2015 12:29:32 AM
(0)
Professor

Send your requests to DTV directly as they don't read these posts. 

Send your requests to DTV directly as they don't read these posts. 

5 of 8 (1,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2016 12:45:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just bought fire tv and my mom says she is from at&t u-verse to Directv and I can't find the app! Will my at&t app still work?

I just bought fire tv and my mom says she is from at&t u-verse to Directv and I can't find the app! Will my at&t app still work?

6 of 8 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2016 3:44:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ant1973 wrote:

No, there's no DirecTV App for Amazon Fire or Firestick.  

ant1973 wrote:

No, there's no DirecTV App for Amazon Fire or Firestick.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 8 (949 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2016 9:22:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

this sucks, I thought by at&t buying Directv they would share their  technology, and Directv would improve in its technology but no real change happened! I guess it's time to go to Xfinity!

this sucks, I thought by at&t buying Directv they would share their  technology, and Directv would improve in its technology but no real change happened! I guess it's time to go to Xfinity!

8 of 8 (919 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments