Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 10, 2014
2:32:09 PM
View profile
TV apps unavailable try again later (1)

This is really becoming annoying.  On my most watched set I am getting this message when trying to launch the TV apps that I use all the time for weather, scores, etc.

I have full internet, network connection, everything tests perfectly, but recently the HR200-700 will not launch the APP connection.

I can restart the unit and it works for a while, but after a few days for some reason it just stops again with this message.

Restarting is not a good solution.

I even used the command clearmybox to reload the recent update.

It is annoying when a vendor can not supply an explanation to their error messages and code.

What does (1) mean?

I have other sets connected that I don't use much and this never seems to occur.

This really is annoying since I can not fix it and Direct TV support is useless for anything other than resetting, turning the unit on and off.

Comments????

This is really becoming annoying.  On my most watched set I am getting this message when trying to launch the TV apps that I use all the time for weather, scores, etc.

I have full internet, network connection, everything tests perfectly, but recently the HR200-700 will not launch the APP connection.

I can restart the unit and it works for a while, but after a few days for some reason it just stops again with this message.

Restarting is not a good solution.

I even used the command clearmybox to reload the recent update.

It is annoying when a vendor can not supply an explanation to their error messages and code.

What does (1) mean?

I have other sets connected that I don't use much and this never seems to occur.

This really is annoying since I can not fix it and Direct TV support is useless for anything other than resetting, turning the unit on and off.

Comments????

TV apps unavailable try again later (1)

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 3:33:25 AM
(0)
Expert

Switch sets?

Switch sets?

Re: TV apps unavailable try again later (1)

2 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 10:02:42 AM
(0)
Scholar

Not an option, not a solution, my main set is a 65" Plasma Pana.

After 24 hours still not launching TV APPs which means I have to restart the Direct TV receiver again.

Not an option, not a solution, my main set is a 65" Plasma Pana.

After 24 hours still not launching TV APPs which means I have to restart the Direct TV receiver again.

3 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 10:59:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There seems to be a problem with TV Apps.  You're not alone.

There seems to be a problem with TV Apps.  You're not alone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 11:05:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

Where are the Direct TV tech's?  They should be watching this forum.  Where at Direct TV can you get any good reliable technical support?

Someone needs to explain how to fix this so it stops or just dump these TV Apps.

Where are the Direct TV tech's?  They should be watching this forum.  Where at Direct TV can you get any good reliable technical support?

Someone needs to explain how to fix this so it stops or just dump these TV Apps.

5 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2014 1:38:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

I am having the same problem with tv apps on all 3 tvs for about a week now.

I am having the same problem with tv apps on all 3 tvs for about a week now.

6 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2014 2:07:37 PM
(0)
Employee

myers wrote:

call 1-800-531-500 for customer support

myers wrote:

call 1-800-531-500 for customer support

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 9:18:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

It seems that if you run "System Test" it will break the link with TV APPS.  I noticed on one of my sets after running a system test that I kept getting this message.  I had to restart the system to restart the TV APPS.

Can anyone else verify this?

It seems that if you run "System Test" it will break the link with TV APPS.  I noticed on one of my sets after running a system test that I kept getting this message.  I had to restart the system to restart the TV APPS.

Can anyone else verify this?

8 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 10:01:53 AM
(0)
Expert

I can verify that your results are not universal.  I just ran TV Apps on my HR34 (successfully) then ran the System Test (all ok) then re ran TV APPS successfully.

I can verify that your results are not universal.  I just ran TV Apps on my HR34 (successfully) then ran the System Test (all ok) then re ran TV APPS successfully.

9 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 1:58:32 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for the response.  I can not figure out why TV apps randomly  disconnects and the only way to reconnect is for a complete system restart.

There has got to be a reason for this.

Thanks

Thanks for the response.  I can not figure out why TV apps randomly  disconnects and the only way to reconnect is for a complete system restart.

There has got to be a reason for this.

Thanks

10 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 2:47:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

:smileyangry: Same thing happen to me just last Friday .Was very disapointed.

:smileyangry: Same thing happen to me just last Friday .Was very disapointed.

11 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 17, 2014 4:07:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

A somewhat tangential observation: I've noticed that on ESPN when they are showing the World Cup that none of the features that use the direction arrows (TV apps, Quick Tune, Double Play) work. The input seems to be completely ignored. If you catch it before it displays the red dot and "Launch menu" it will work, but that is about a 3-5 second window.

My solution is to watch the Univision coverage which (despite my only understanding a few words and phrases) is way more entertaining than the ESPN coverage anyway.  GOOOOOOOLLLLLL! Smiley Happy

A somewhat tangential observation: I've noticed that on ESPN when they are showing the World Cup that none of the features that use the direction arrows (TV apps, Quick Tune, Double Play) work. The input seems to be completely ignored. If you catch it before it displays the red dot and "Launch menu" it will work, but that is about a 3-5 second window.

My solution is to watch the Univision coverage which (despite my only understanding a few words and phrases) is way more entertaining than the ESPN coverage anyway.  GOOOOOOOLLLLLL! Smiley Happy

12 of 13 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2016 12:17:41 PM
(0)
Scholar

I have the same issue. Chatted with a rep. his steps didn't work, no solution. Any idea how to fix this?

I have the same issue. Chatted with a rep. his steps didn't work, no solution. Any idea how to fix this?

13 of 13 (736 Views)