Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 4, 2013
8:31:40 PM
View profile
Search from Commercials Direct

Is it possible to create a function that would allow viewers to search for shows/content directly from a commercial?  Many shows (especially new shows) have commercials advertising day & time.  It would be very convenient to have a way to search for that show directly while that commercial is playing.  I imagine this would require some significant coding efforts, but new functionality keeps your apart and above competitors.  Maybe reprogram one of the lesser used buttons on current remotes or a quick combination of buttons that tells your DVR to search for show in the menu.  This would sure save a lot of time over having to enter the menu, go to search, then scanning in all the letters to find your show.  I'm guessing this feature would also be a HUGE selling point and incentive to producers to put content on DirecTV over competitors.

Is it possible to create a function that would allow viewers to search for shows/content directly from a commercial?  Many shows (especially new shows) have commercials advertising day & time.  It would be very convenient to have a way to search for that show directly while that commercial is playing.  I imagine this would require some significant coding efforts, but new functionality keeps your apart and above competitors.  Maybe reprogram one of the lesser used buttons on current remotes or a quick combination of buttons that tells your DVR to search for show in the menu.  This would sure save a lot of time over having to enter the menu, go to search, then scanning in all the letters to find your show.  I'm guessing this feature would also be a HUGE selling point and incentive to producers to put content on DirecTV over competitors.

Search from Commercials Direct

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 4, 2013 10:58:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Tivo DVRs used to do this.  Perhaps the THR22 HD DirecTV Tivo does.   Broadcasters embedded special codes that triggered a popup message on the Tivo so you could easily set a recording.

Tivo DVRs used to do this.  Perhaps the THR22 HD DirecTV Tivo does.   Broadcasters embedded special codes that triggered a popup message on the Tivo so you could easily set a recording.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Search from Commercials Direct

2 of 2 (3 Views)