Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 16, 2014
4:16:26 PM
View profile
Pandora sound drops after 5 to 15 min

Just got satellite internet installed in my house. Hooked my hr 34-700 up to my router with an Ethernet cable. Signed into my Pandora account and started to play the songs. After about 3 min the screen goes to screen saver mode and after 5 to 15 min the sound drops the screen is still showing the album cover bouncing around. If I hit 'back'  I get the song title page. Then I hit 'pause' then 'play' and the sound starts to play again at the appropriate spot on the track considering the time I spent resetting it. Then in another 5 to 15 min the sound drops again.o

Just got satellite internet installed in my house. Hooked my hr 34-700 up to my router with an Ethernet cable. Signed into my Pandora account and started to play the songs. After about 3 min the screen goes to screen saver mode and after 5 to 15 min the sound drops the screen is still showing the album cover bouncing around. If I hit 'back'  I get the song title page. Then I hit 'pause' then 'play' and the sound starts to play again at the appropriate spot on the track considering the time I spent resetting it. Then in another 5 to 15 min the sound drops again.o

Pandora sound drops after 5 to 15 min

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 5:16:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model DirecTV Receiver/DVR do you have?

Just a note .... be careful when using OnDemand or streaming files with satellite internet.  Most plans have an upper monthly download limit, and it's easy to max out your cap since one video download can consume several GByte.

What model DirecTV Receiver/DVR do you have?

Just a note .... be careful when using OnDemand or streaming files with satellite internet.  Most plans have an upper monthly download limit, and it's easy to max out your cap since one video download can consume several GByte.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pandora sound drops after 5 to 15 min

2 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 7:38:20 PM
(0)
Teacher

It is the HR34-700 as stated in my original post. I know about my cap. Big files are downloaded midnight to 5AM free time.

It is the HR34-700 as stated in my original post. I know about my cap. Big files are downloaded midnight to 5AM free time.

3 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 11:13:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Have you tried resetting the HR34 using the red button behind the front panel access card door?

Glad you're aware of the data cap.  You should be aware that there's no way to schedule when OnDemand downloads occur, so use caution.

Have you tried resetting the HR34 using the red button behind the front panel access card door?

Glad you're aware of the data cap.  You should be aware that there's no way to schedule when OnDemand downloads occur, so use caution.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 9:19:22 AM
(0)
Teacher

Just did a hard reset and the same thing still happens. Got about 15 min into the songs and then no sound, if I pause and then hit play the sound comes back on.

Just did a hard reset and the same thing still happens. Got about 15 min into the songs and then no sound, if I pause and then hit play the sound comes back on.

5 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 11:42:23 AM
(0)
Expert

I'd say your problem is due to a wireless connection having problems keeping up with the Pandora data stream.

I'd say your problem is due to a wireless connection having problems keeping up with the Pandora data stream.

6 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 12:07:58 PM
(0)
Teacher

As I stated in my original post I am using a wired connection (Ethernet RJ45)

As I stated in my original post I am using a wired connection (Ethernet RJ45)

7 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 8:12:22 AM
(0)
Expert

I thought you referred to satellite Internet?  Have you checked your connection speed at www.speedtest.net

I thought you referred to satellite Internet?  Have you checked your connection speed at www.speedtest.net

8 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 18, 2014 9:27:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Good point, dcd.  I'm guessing that the latency issues with satellite internet are causing problems.  

Good point, dcd.  I'm guessing that the latency issues with satellite internet are causing problems.  

9 of 10 (6 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 12:32:57 AM
(0)
Teacher

same response I sent to dcd.....

I watch it all the time.... on average .... ping 680, download 18 Mbps, up 4 Mbps. But my PC which is connected to the same router via cable plays Pandora without a problem. (sorry about the delayed response, I was gone for a few days)

same response I sent to dcd.....

I watch it all the time.... on average .... ping 680, download 18 Mbps, up 4 Mbps. But my PC which is connected to the same router via cable plays Pandora without a problem. (sorry about the delayed response, I was gone for a few days)

10 of 10 (6 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments