Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 25, 2013
11:35:28 AM
View profile
New Samsung tv for Christmas! How do I connect it to the internet to use DirectTV?

I have a wireless router...

I have a wireless router...

New Samsung tv for Christmas! How do I connect it to the internet to use DirectTV?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 11:40:29 AM
(0)
Employee

you dont need internet to use DirecTV?

Or are you referring to RVU TV? or DirecTV ready TV?

Do you have a Genie? or even DirecTV service?

you dont need internet to use DirecTV?

Or are you referring to RVU TV? or DirecTV ready TV?

Do you have a Genie? or even DirecTV service?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: New Samsung tv for Christmas!  How do I connect it to the internet to use DirectTV?

2 of 6 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 12:59:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, I have direct tv service and I have internet service with a wireless router.  When I try to connect my to the internet, it tells me there is no connection.  When I try to connect it "wirelessly", it still says I have to use an ethernet cable to the DVR Box.  The HD DVR box is nowhere near the router. Shouldn't the wireless router be able to connect to the TV somehow? Thank you for your advice!  I want to use on demand and the other smart tv icons.

Yes, I have direct tv service and I have internet service with a wireless router.  When I try to connect my to the internet, it tells me there is no connection.  When I try to connect it "wirelessly", it still says I have to use an ethernet cable to the DVR Box.  The HD DVR box is nowhere near the router. Shouldn't the wireless router be able to connect to the TV somehow? Thank you for your advice!  I want to use on demand and the other smart tv icons.

Re: New Samsung tv for Christmas!  How do I connect it to the internet to use DirectTV?

3 of 6 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 1:18:40 PM
(0)
Professor

Unless it is an RVU TV you will need a DTV receiver connected to it.

If it is an RVU TV then you need a Ethernet cable or coax with a DECA adapter connected to the TV that is on the same network as the Genie.

The TV may have wireless built in but you cannot use it for DTV but only to connect the TV to the internet to use the TV apps.

There is a wireless client (C-41w) due out soon that may help you.

Unless it is an RVU TV you will need a DTV receiver connected to it.

If it is an RVU TV then you need a Ethernet cable or coax with a DECA adapter connected to the TV that is on the same network as the Genie.

The TV may have wireless built in but you cannot use it for DTV but only to connect the TV to the internet to use the TV apps.

There is a wireless client (C-41w) due out soon that may help you.

Re: New Samsung tv for Christmas! How do I connect it to the internet to use DirectTV?

4 of 6 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 3:57:22 PM
(0)
Employee

Shannon, I would not keep "announcing" the wireless clients as we do not know when it'll released in the field

Shannon, I would not keep "announcing" the wireless clients as we do not know when it'll released in the field

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (5 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 9:50:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

I bought my wife a Samsung SmartTV with wifi, for Christmas, along with getting the new Genini HR44, and it was so easy to have the internet being accessed. It was one of the first things it asks you about when setting up the Samsung. You can redo the setup, just go back into the settings. Also, no ethernet is needed, just for the DirecTv receiver does, if you have one. But with the Smart TV, you don't since it has wireless built in.

I bought my wife a Samsung SmartTV with wifi, for Christmas, along with getting the new Genini HR44, and it was so easy to have the internet being accessed. It was one of the first things it asks you about when setting up the Samsung. You can redo the setup, just go back into the settings. Also, no ethernet is needed, just for the DirecTv receiver does, if you have one. But with the Smart TV, you don't since it has wireless built in.

Re: New Samsung tv for Christmas! How do I connect it to the internet to use DirectTV?

6 of 6 (5 Views)