Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 23, 2014
9:38:55 AM
View profile
Listen to pandora while watching tv at the same time

Last week you could listen to your pandora and watch tv at the same time.  This week you can't? Any ideas?

Last week you could listen to your pandora and watch tv at the same time.  This week you can't? Any ideas?

Listen to pandora while watching tv at the same time

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 9:47:18 AM
(0)
Expert

Pandora takes over the DVR while playing and if you switch to see a video channel the Pandora will stop.  As far as I know, that has been true from the first release of Pandora.  Not sure what your experience was last week, but the situation has not changed.

Pandora takes over the DVR while playing and if you switch to see a video channel the Pandora will stop.  As far as I know, that has been true from the first release of Pandora.  Not sure what your experience was last week, but the situation has not changed.

Re: Listen to pandora while watching tv at the same time

2 of 11 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 11:27:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

HI Dcd and thank you for response.  My experience for the last year has been when I play Pandora through the direct tv app and I hit the guide Button, I would receive a prompt. It asked if I would like to continue listing to pandora while I watched direct tv.  if you said yes you could do both.  It operated in this fashion for the last year and I used it very Frequently.  However today when you hit guide it only asks if you want to stop Pandora, which is a change from its pervious behavior

HI Dcd and thank you for response.  My experience for the last year has been when I play Pandora through the direct tv app and I hit the guide Button, I would receive a prompt. It asked if I would like to continue listing to pandora while I watched direct tv.  if you said yes you could do both.  It operated in this fashion for the last year and I used it very Frequently.  However today when you hit guide it only asks if you want to stop Pandora, which is a change from its pervious behavior

3 of 11 (606 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 12:07:43 PM
(1)
ACE - Expert

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

FWIW, the Genies have had this behavior since their inception.  perhaps DirecTV just wants to have the same experience across both platforms

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

FWIW, the Genies have had this behavior since their inception.  perhaps DirecTV just wants to have the same experience across both platforms

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 12:32:35 PM
(0)
Professor

My HR24 with the 0X79B software still does the watch TV with Pandora so try a red button reset behind the access card door.

My HR24 with the 0X79B software still does the watch TV with Pandora so try a red button reset behind the access card door.

5 of 11 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 2:45:06 PM
(0)
Expert

Both my Genie HR34 and DVR HR21 both exhibit identical operation.  If you press the guide while Pandora is playing you get a pop up with the message "Leaving this screen will Stop Pandora, are you sure etc." two selections.  If you say no, Pandora continues.  If you say yes, Pandora stops and the Guide opens.  I assume all the HD boxes work the same way and for those who claim they can look at the Guide and listen to Pandora I suggest they double check that.

Both my Genie HR34 and DVR HR21 both exhibit identical operation.  If you press the guide while Pandora is playing you get a pop up with the message "Leaving this screen will Stop Pandora, are you sure etc." two selections.  If you say no, Pandora continues.  If you say yes, Pandora stops and the Guide opens.  I assume all the HD boxes work the same way and for those who claim they can look at the Guide and listen to Pandora I suggest they double check that.

6 of 11 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 10:26:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

When I upgraded to the genie I lost that awesome feature...the genie does not let you listen to Pandora while watching tv . When I call tech support, no one can answer why and that since it is a new system, it may become available in the future. Not sure why they would not keep such a nice feature.Smiley Sad

When I upgraded to the genie I lost that awesome feature...the genie does not let you listen to Pandora while watching tv . When I call tech support, no one can answer why and that since it is a new system, it may become available in the future. Not sure why they would not keep such a nice feature.Smiley Sad

7 of 11 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 10:29:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I know you could watch tv while listening to Pandora because I did it all the time to... until I upgraded to the genie 2 weeks ago. So possibly they dropped the feature recently.

I know you could watch tv while listening to Pandora because I did it all the time to... until I upgraded to the genie 2 weeks ago. So possibly they dropped the feature recently.

8 of 11 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 2:18:20 PM
(0)
Professor

Start Pandora then hit exit it will give you the option to watch DVR at least on my HR24 with the 0X7eb software.

Start Pandora then hit exit it will give you the option to watch DVR at least on my HR24 with the 0X7eb software.

9 of 11 (606 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2016 5:14:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have listened to Pandora while watching sports for years! Bummer that since I upgraded my equipment I can no longer do that. 

I have listened to Pandora while watching sports for years! Bummer that since I upgraded my equipment I can no longer do that. 

10 of 11 (111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2016 6:53:51 PM
(0)
Master

Right they removed that ability on the Genies my HR24 is still able to do it.

Right they removed that ability on the Genies my HR24 is still able to do it.

11 of 11 (97 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments