Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 1, 2014
11:45:59 AM
Keep getting a "not authorized" message on iPhone and tv apps (not Directv app) when i've entered tv provider information.

Keep getting a "not authorized" message on iPhone and tv apps when i've entered tv provider information. This is not while using the Directv app, its while using apps like CNN, Fox News, HBO2GO, etc.  Everything was working fine last week and now nothing.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Keep getting a "not authorized" message on iPhone and tv apps when i've entered tv provider information. This is not while using the Directv app, its while using apps like CNN, Fox News, HBO2GO, etc.  Everything was working fine last week and now nothing.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Keep getting a "not authorized" message on iPhone and tv apps (not Directv app) when i've entered tv provider information.

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 12:03:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Usually you can fix this by changing your DirecTV.com account password and waiting a few days for the change to ripple through the various computer servers.  Then try accessing these services using your new DirecTV.com password.

Usually you can fix this by changing your DirecTV.com account password and waiting a few days for the change to ripple through the various computer servers.  Then try accessing these services using your new DirecTV.com password.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Keep getting a "not authorized" message on iPhone and tv apps (not Directv app) when i've entered tv provider information.

2 of 22 (10,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 12:09:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

I changed the password and will check on it in a few days. It's just weird that it was working fine a few days ago.

I changed the password and will check on it in a few days. It's just weird that it was working fine a few days ago.

Re: Keep getting a "not authorized" message on iPhone and tv apps (not Directv app) when i've entered tv provider information.

3 of 22 (10,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 3:47:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Same thing for me! If that works let me know!

thanks!

Same thing for me! If that works let me know!

thanks!

4 of 22 (10,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 4:50:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Will do. Fingers crossed.

5 of 22 (10,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 4:54:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

6 of 22 (10,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 5:58:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

Also having this issue. Tried logging into HBOGo on several platforms and it said I didn't have a subscription, when I actually do. Tried changing passwords and it hasn't had any effect yet.

Also having this issue. Tried logging into HBOGo on several platforms and it said I didn't have a subscription, when I actually do. Tried changing passwords and it hasn't had any effect yet.

7 of 22 (10,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 6:38:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  Just noticed it while trying to use HBOGO on my Roku.  It says not authorized though it worked last night.  I can't sign in on the HBOGO website either.  Yet I can see the HBO channels and my account is showing I am subscribed.  Really weird.  And annoying! 

I'm having the same problem.  Just noticed it while trying to use HBOGO on my Roku.  It says not authorized though it worked last night.  I can't sign in on the HBOGO website either.  Yet I can see the HBO channels and my account is showing I am subscribed.  Really weird.  And annoying! 

8 of 22 (10,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 8:37:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried changing the password, then called last night and was told it would be resolved by this morning. I also found out that this is an issue effecting not all, but a majority of DirecTV users. They said they would resynchronize my password to ensure everything would be ok once the issue was resolved. I tried to log in tonight, and I still could not access the site, so I called for an update and was told again that this should be resolved within 24 hours after being transferred 3 times. Bottom line is that this is just disappointing and poor service that strays from the service I usually receive. When I'm away from home and have a show I want to watch, I'd like to be able to use the services I'm supposedly being provided.

I tried changing the password, then called last night and was told it would be resolved by this morning. I also found out that this is an issue effecting not all, but a majority of DirecTV users. They said they would resynchronize my password to ensure everything would be ok once the issue was resolved. I tried to log in tonight, and I still could not access the site, so I called for an update and was told again that this should be resolved within 24 hours after being transferred 3 times. Bottom line is that this is just disappointing and poor service that strays from the service I usually receive. When I'm away from home and have a show I want to watch, I'd like to be able to use the services I'm supposedly being provided.

9 of 22 (10,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 9:00:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

I agree, but the good news is that they recognize that there is a problem on their end. Glad it wasn't just me.

I agree, but the good news is that they recognize that there is a problem on their end. Glad it wasn't just me.

10 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2014 10:44:58 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've been having the same problem for >24 hours.  I got the same answer as others when contacting tech support today.  They said technicians were working on it.  Y'all are being more kind than I am at this point.  I think it's unacceptable to have an outage this long for millions of customers and said little about it.

I've been having the same problem for >24 hours.  I got the same answer as others when contacting tech support today.  They said technicians were working on it.  Y'all are being more kind than I am at this point.  I think it's unacceptable to have an outage this long for millions of customers and said little about it.

11 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2014 9:02:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

Same problem. I cannot stream CNN Live on PC, mobile phone or tablet. I get "The customer is not authorized for the content requested" The "wonderful:smileyplain:" people at Directv said to check back in 24 hrs. However, the lady in customer service seemed surprised that this was an issue....

Same problem. I cannot stream CNN Live on PC, mobile phone or tablet. I get "The customer is not authorized for the content requested" The "wonderful:smileyplain:" people at Directv said to check back in 24 hrs. However, the lady in customer service seemed surprised that this was an issue....

12 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2014 12:10:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

This not authorized for requested content started on May 30th for me. Out of the home trying to watch the French Open on the Tennis Channel. Both tennis.com and the Tennis Everywhere app started giving the error. Trying to use table for Directv app as well as the directv.com (watch everwhere) both give streaming error messages (rc#1100).

Calls to Directv each and every day get's the same answer.. they are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon.:smileyconfused:

This is day 4 and counting for me.... patience is certainly wearing thin...

This not authorized for requested content started on May 30th for me. Out of the home trying to watch the French Open on the Tennis Channel. Both tennis.com and the Tennis Everywhere app started giving the error. Trying to use table for Directv app as well as the directv.com (watch everwhere) both give streaming error messages (rc#1100).

Calls to Directv each and every day get's the same answer.. they are working on it and hope to have it resolved soon.:smileyconfused:

This is day 4 and counting for me.... patience is certainly wearing thin...

13 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2014 6:32:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

I Am having the same issue.   Unable to stream any live channels on iPad.   Jumped thru all support hoops in terms of receiver reset, ipad reset, delete/reinstall app, etc....   This started approx mid May for me..  Noticed last sw update on receiver was May 14....but truly no idea if there is a correlation or not.  This is the first I have heard it's related to a password issue, but seems a plausible explanation...  Just wish they would fix it....  Called support twice but keep being told it does not seem to be a common problem...    But based on this thread, others are being told it's widespread....  Have to say directv support is usually better than this....   This is disappointing...  It's been down for me for a couple weeks....

I Am having the same issue.   Unable to stream any live channels on iPad.   Jumped thru all support hoops in terms of receiver reset, ipad reset, delete/reinstall app, etc....   This started approx mid May for me..  Noticed last sw update on receiver was May 14....but truly no idea if there is a correlation or not.  This is the first I have heard it's related to a password issue, but seems a plausible explanation...  Just wish they would fix it....  Called support twice but keep being told it does not seem to be a common problem...    But based on this thread, others are being told it's widespread....  Have to say directv support is usually better than this....   This is disappointing...  It's been down for me for a couple weeks....

14 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2014 7:13:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

My CNN app us working again. Gonna try the others now.

My CNN app us working again. Gonna try the others now.

15 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2014 7:13:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

My CNN app is working again. Gonna try the others now.

My CNN app is working again. Gonna try the others now.

16 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2014 7:25:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Fox News app on iphone working and HBO2GO app on Apple TV working also.

Fox News app on iphone working and HBO2GO app on Apple TV working also.

17 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 3:25:15 AM
(0)
Expert

Keep in mind that priester212 did as advised and changed passwords.  The reason that works is it forces the system to forward your info anew to all the various servers.

Keep in mind that priester212 did as advised and changed passwords.  The reason that works is it forces the system to forward your info anew to all the various servers.

18 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 4:09:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

I tried the Tennis Channel Everywhere app late last night and again this

morning and it is again working. I did not do any account changes.

However, live tv streaming video on the (android) Directv app still says I

am not subscribed to that (or any watch everywhere) channel. Maybe they

will get that fixed soon too.

Tnx, Jeff

I tried the Tennis Channel Everywhere app late last night and again this

morning and it is again working. I did not do any account changes.

However, live tv streaming video on the (android) Directv app still says I

am not subscribed to that (or any watch everywhere) channel. Maybe they

will get that fixed soon too.

Tnx, Jeff

19 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 9:42:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Or you can try the advice I posted in the second post in this thread.  It worked for priester2112.

Or you can try the advice I posted in the second post in this thread.  It worked for priester2112.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

20 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 9:49:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Ok. Live streaming on the Directv app is now working on one tablet... On a

2nd tablet I get live streaming is temporarily in available (4100)....

They apparently are making progress as I am no longer getting that I am not

authorized for the requested content.

Tnx, Jeff

On Jun 3, 2014 12:42 PM, "litzdog911" <directv-admin@forums.directv.com>

Ok. Live streaming on the Directv app is now working on one tablet... On a

2nd tablet I get live streaming is temporarily in available (4100)....

They apparently are making progress as I am no longer getting that I am not

authorized for the requested content.

Tnx, Jeff

On Jun 3, 2014 12:42 PM, "litzdog911" <directv-admin@forums.directv.com>

21 of 22 (10,270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2014 9:57:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Cleared cache on 2nd tablet .. forced the app to close... then restarted

and waited until it figured out I was now on my home network. (I was

outside home network earlier today). And now live tv streaming is working

on 2nd tablet.

So for me, things are back to normal.

Tnx, Jeff

Cleared cache on 2nd tablet .. forced the app to close... then restarted

and waited until it figured out I was now on my home network. (I was

outside home network earlier today). And now live tv streaming is working

on 2nd tablet.

So for me, things are back to normal.

Tnx, Jeff

22 of 22 (10,270 Views)