Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 6, 2013
11:50:44 AM
View profile
Is the Twitter app (telepop agent) missing in Genie?

My old HD DVR had a Twitter app that allowed me to receive new tweets as popup messages on my TV.  On my new Genie receiver, I cannot find the Twitter app.  There is a Social Twitter app, but all that seems to do is allow you to post messages about the television program you are watching which I don't care about.  (why would someone care  about what I am watching)  I want to see new Twitter messages from news groups I am following popup automatically on my TV.  This worked great on my old HD DVR.  Did DirecTV exclude the old Twitter app on the Genie receiver?  I hope that's not the case.  Please help or comment if you are able to view Twitter messages with a Genie.

My old HD DVR had a Twitter app that allowed me to receive new tweets as popup messages on my TV.  On my new Genie receiver, I cannot find the Twitter app.  There is a Social Twitter app, but all that seems to do is allow you to post messages about the television program you are watching which I don't care about.  (why would someone care  about what I am watching)  I want to see new Twitter messages from news groups I am following popup automatically on my TV.  This worked great on my old HD DVR.  Did DirecTV exclude the old Twitter app on the Genie receiver?  I hope that's not the case.  Please help or comment if you are able to view Twitter messages with a Genie.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 6, 2013 12:35:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Those apps were removed when DirecTV upgraded the old app system to the new HD apps

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Is the Twitter app (telepop agent) missing in Genie?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 6, 2013 12:35:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Those apps were removed when DirecTV upgraded the old app system to the new HD apps

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is the Twitter app (telepop agent) missing in Genie?

2 of 4 (10 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 12:43:49 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well that was dumb.  They should have upgraded the old apps to HD apps and had the same apps in the Genie.  Thank you for responding.

Well that was dumb.  They should have upgraded the old apps to HD apps and had the same apps in the Genie.  Thank you for responding.

3 of 4 (10 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 6, 2013 2:29:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
the problem was that some apps were made by 3rd parties.  now the all are in house.

at any rate, you are welcome.  if you think the question was answered, please mark it as "correct" thanks

the problem was that some apps were made by 3rd parties.  now the all are in house.

at any rate, you are welcome.  if you think the question was answered, please mark it as "correct" thanks

4 of 4 (10 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments