Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Sep 2, 2013
4:10:17 PM
View profile
Genie receiver will not download pandora or YouTube apps

I Had new genie and mini genie receivers installed last Thursday, and I still do not have the pandora or YouTube apps downloaded.  I have reset the receiver, tried to update the software using the "02468" command, and every time I call customer service they walk me through connecting to the Internet again, then tell me to wait "another 24 hours" and it will download.  I am tired of waiting, and just want the receiver to work as advertised.  Anyone else have this problem?

I Had new genie and mini genie receivers installed last Thursday, and I still do not have the pandora or YouTube apps downloaded.  I have reset the receiver, tried to update the software using the "02468" command, and every time I call customer service they walk me through connecting to the Internet again, then tell me to wait "another 24 hours" and it will download.  I am tired of waiting, and just want the receiver to work as advertised.  Anyone else have this problem?

Genie receiver will not download pandora or YouTube apps

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 4:11:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

STOP resetting, it just makes it worse!

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

STOP resetting, it just makes it worse!

Press the DASH button on your DirecTV remote, does the pop up message indicates "Internet: Connected"?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Genie receiver will not download pandora or YouTube apps

2 of 9 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 4:16:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

YEs it does

YEs it does

3 of 9 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 4:20:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

when was the last tie you reset the receiver?

when was the last tie you reset the receiver?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 4:22:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

ABout 1.5 hours ago

ABout 1.5 hours ago

5 of 9 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 4:26:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It can take up to 48 hours since you last reset.  patience

It can take up to 48 hours since you last reset.  patience

6 of 9 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 3:41:32 PM
(0)
Expert

Tired of waiting or not, the data you need is downloaded via the Internet on a background basis so it filters in over time.  Each time you reset, it wipes the data and you must start from scratch.

Tired of waiting or not, the data you need is downloaded via the Internet on a background basis so it filters in over time.  Each time you reset, it wipes the data and you must start from scratch.

7 of 9 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 3:45:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

thank you everyone, you were right, when I checked this morning both

YouTube and Pandora were there! I guess patience is a virtue!

thank you everyone, you were right, when I checked this morning both

YouTube and Pandora were there! I guess patience is a virtue!

8 of 9 (229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 3:48:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

jas13rn wrote:

I guess patience is a virtue!

Yup.  Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

jas13rn wrote:

I guess patience is a virtue!

Yup.  Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as answered. Thanks!

9 of 9 (229 Views)