Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 27, 2014
6:14:36 PM
View profile
Does Pandora play with TV now on Genie?

I got a message today stating that Pandora with TV is now available.  Is that on the Genie?  I suppose DTV got tired of customers refusing to upgrade because they would lose that feature.  Well maybe not.  The message has now disappeared after just a few hours.

I got a message today stating that Pandora with TV is now available.  Is that on the Genie?  I suppose DTV got tired of customers refusing to upgrade because they would lose that feature.  Well maybe not.  The message has now disappeared after just a few hours.

Does Pandora play with TV now on Genie?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 6:42:36 PM
(0)
Scholar

Message is still there "Get more when you get connected!"  It mentions "Pandora on TV" then displays the URL http://www.directv.com/connect which sends you to Genie specific info.  The phrase "Pandora on TV" is not repeated on the webpage.

Message is still there "Get more when you get connected!"  It mentions "Pandora on TV" then displays the URL http://www.directv.com/connect which sends you to Genie specific info.  The phrase "Pandora on TV" is not repeated on the webpage.

Re: Does Pandora play with TV now on Genie?

2 of 4 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 3:13:16 AM
(0)
Expert

The link actually states "How to connect Genie or HD DVR to the Internet."  It's urging you to network your HD system to the Internet where you can enjoy Pandora (available on all HD systems) and other free features.  If you already have your system connected to the Internet, I'd suggest a red button (inside card door) reset of the offending DVR.

The link actually states "How to connect Genie or HD DVR to the Internet."  It's urging you to network your HD system to the Internet where you can enjoy Pandora (available on all HD systems) and other free features.  If you already have your system connected to the Internet, I'd suggest a red button (inside card door) reset of the offending DVR.

3 of 4 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 9:07:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

What you find following the link is pretty straightforward.  It's the short message that is misleading.  I made a suggestion to DTV that those short messages be expandable, very doable for those with internet connections IMO.

What you find following the link is pretty straightforward.  It's the short message that is misleading.  I made a suggestion to DTV that those short messages be expandable, very doable for those with internet connections IMO.

4 of 4 (12 Views)