Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Dec 12, 2013
6:54:23 AM
Cannot uninstall previous vers of DirecTV Player

Trying to instal DirecTV Player 9 on a PC laptop   (Win XP  SP3).  The process gets Error 1714.  Says it looking for the MSI file which should be located here C:\Windows\Temp\{66117717-1845-45C6-8A2A-CCAEB67C3AB3}\ but is not.  So the previous version 8  cannot be removed.

"Temp" folders are periodically cleared on computers!!!!!

I have tried using add/remove programs but same error.

Please advise.

Trying to instal DirecTV Player 9 on a PC laptop   (Win XP  SP3).  The process gets Error 1714.  Says it looking for the MSI file which should be located here C:\Windows\Temp\{66117717-1845-45C6-8A2A-CCAEB67C3AB3}\ but is not.  So the previous version 8  cannot be removed.

"Temp" folders are periodically cleared on computers!!!!!

I have tried using add/remove programs but same error.

Please advise.

Cannot uninstall previous vers of DirecTV Player

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 8:13:34 AM
(0)
Expert

Have you tried to uninstall under Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Directv Player?

Have you tried to uninstall under Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Directv Player?

Re: Cannot uninstall previous vers of DirecTV Player

2 of 8 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 9:54:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

As I said in original post,  this is Win XP,  Add//Remove Programs did not work either.

As I said in original post,  this is Win XP,  Add//Remove Programs did not work either.

3 of 8 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 6:46:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

Wish someone had a solution for this problem.

Wish someone had a solution for this problem.

4 of 8 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 7:07:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

Version 8 is still available to download at DIRECTV Player 8.0 Download (Free)  ... maybe you could try downloading and re-installing it, thereby creating the temporary files that version 9 is looking for.

Version 8 is still available to download at DIRECTV Player 8.0 Download (Free)  ... maybe you could try downloading and re-installing it, thereby creating the temporary files that version 9 is looking for.

5 of 8 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 3:16:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I still have the original ver 8 download and already tried that.  Got same error.  Then I tried installing ver 8 on a different laptop too.  Tried to uninstall it and got same error.

I still have the original ver 8 download and already tried that.  Got same error.  Then I tried installing ver 8 on a different laptop too.  Tried to uninstall it and got same error.

6 of 8 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2014 4:50:00 PM
(0)
Scholar

So when you re-installed Version 8 it didn't create C:\Windows\Temp\{66117717-1845-45C6-8A2A-CCAEB67C3AB3}\ ?

So when you re-installed Version 8 it didn't create C:\Windows\Temp\{66117717-1845-45C6-8A2A-CCAEB67C3AB3}\ ?

7 of 8 (127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2015 8:42:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

After battling this problem for a while I found a solution  Smiley Happy:smileyshocked::

Go here: Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled and use the Microsoft Fix It uninstall tool.  Follow the instructions to uninstall the previous version.  You'll eventually see a big list of programs and you'll have to scroll down to find the Directv Player.  Once it finishes retry installing the player.  This worked like a charm for me.  Hope it helps you.

After battling this problem for a while I found a solution  Smiley Happy:smileyshocked::

Go here: Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled and use the Microsoft Fix It uninstall tool.  Follow the instructions to uninstall the previous version.  You'll eventually see a big list of programs and you'll have to scroll down to find the Directv Player.  Once it finishes retry installing the player.  This worked like a charm for me.  Hope it helps you.

8 of 8 (127 Views)