Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 29, 2013
9:56:30 AM
View profile
ABC Live Ipad Application

There is a new application on my iPad for ABC.  It is called ABC live.  If one has a list of providers for example Charter or Uverse they can watch the programs anywhere.  Why is DirecTV not on the list of providers?  It seems silly when certain cable providers or ATT can be viewed.

There is a new application on my iPad for ABC.  It is called ABC live.  If one has a list of providers for example Charter or Uverse they can watch the programs anywhere.  Why is DirecTV not on the list of providers?  It seems silly when certain cable providers or ATT can be viewed.

ABC Live Ipad Application

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 12:39:12 PM
(0)
Expert

Here's a quote from the announcement,  be patient.

"Transmitting television via live stream requires new deals with traditional distributors, like Comcast, DirecTV and Verizon FiOS, and with the owners of ABC’s affiliates. Gaining Hearst’s backing ahead of Tuesday’s upfront was important to ABC because it lent some local support to the app effort."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/business/media/abc-to-let-app-users-live-stream-local-programming....

Here's a quote from the announcement,  be patient.

"Transmitting television via live stream requires new deals with traditional distributors, like Comcast, DirecTV and Verizon FiOS, and with the owners of ABC’s affiliates. Gaining Hearst’s backing ahead of Tuesday’s upfront was important to ABC because it lent some local support to the app effort."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/business/media/abc-to-let-app-users-live-stream-local-programming.html?_r=0

Re: ABC Live Ipad Application

2 of 10 (32 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2014 8:41:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

It is taking so long.  Dish Network has it.  Why doesn't DTV have it?  It seems silly you think they would work together to get it

It is taking so long.  Dish Network has it.  Why doesn't DTV have it?  It seems silly you think they would work together to get it

3 of 10 (32 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 12, 2014 12:28:05 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've also been wondering why I can't view WATCH ABC and FOXNOW (It all started when I couldn't watch Scandal and then MasterChef  :smileyplainSmiley Happy. I mean these are local channels... It doesn't make any sense at all. I contacted Directv and spoke with a lady who told me that it's not offered on the Directv app (dont know why it would be) and that she would escalate my call to the next department.  Hopefully they'll be able to breakdown the process for me because I truly don't understand.:smileyconfused:

I've also been wondering why I can't view WATCH ABC and FOXNOW (It all started when I couldn't watch Scandal and then MasterChef  :smileyplainSmiley Happy. I mean these are local channels... It doesn't make any sense at all. I contacted Directv and spoke with a lady who told me that it's not offered on the Directv app (dont know why it would be) and that she would escalate my call to the next department.  Hopefully they'll be able to breakdown the process for me because I truly don't understand.:smileyconfused:

4 of 10 (32 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 5:49:58 AM
(0)
Contributor

Apps and even online streaming continues to grow yet DirectTV is not there!  I want to watch the British Open on Watchespn today but must log in with my TV provider.  Every service under the sun is listed except Directv.  This including apps such as ABC, FX NOW, FOX NOW, AMC, etc, etc. etc.  Directv is on NONE!  I'm going to give it a few more months and if nothing happens....I'm gone. 

Apps and even online streaming continues to grow yet DirectTV is not there!  I want to watch the British Open on Watchespn today but must log in with my TV provider.  Every service under the sun is listed except Directv.  This including apps such as ABC, FX NOW, FOX NOW, AMC, etc, etc. etc.  Directv is on NONE!  I'm going to give it a few more months and if nothing happens....I'm gone. 

5 of 10 (32 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 2:41:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

" This including apps such as ABC, FX NOW, FOX NOW, AMC, "

Not fair to list the same app twice to make it seem more...

" This including apps such as ABC, FX NOW, FOX NOW, AMC, "

Not fair to list the same app twice to make it seem more...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 10 (32 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 3:24:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

FX NOW and FOX NOW are two different apps b/c FX and FOX are two different channels.  Thanks for trying though. 

FX NOW and FOX NOW are two different apps b/c FX and FOX are two different channels.  Thanks for trying though. 

7 of 10 (32 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 3:38:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you are right, I totally missed that!

you are right, I totally missed that!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 10 (32 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2014 3:49:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

They are close though.  Easy mistake!

They are close though.  Easy mistake!

9 of 10 (32 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2014 1:27:26 PM
(0)
Teacher
"This including apps such as ABC, FX NOW, FOX NOW, AMC, etc, etc. etc.  Directv is on NONE!"

I know this is an old thread, but the issue remains the same. In addition to the apps listed above, Directv also does not support Watch ESPN, Watch Disney, Watch Disney Junior, Watch Disney XD, and FOXSportsGo. As television is moving more toward consumers watching on mobile devices, Directv falls farther and farther behind the competition. I've been a loyal customer for 12 years and, for the first time since I came to Directv, I am seriously considering changing providers.

"This including apps such as ABC, FX NOW, FOX NOW, AMC, etc, etc. etc.  Directv is on NONE!"

I know this is an old thread, but the issue remains the same. In addition to the apps listed above, Directv also does not support Watch ESPN, Watch Disney, Watch Disney Junior, Watch Disney XD, and FOXSportsGo. As television is moving more toward consumers watching on mobile devices, Directv falls farther and farther behind the competition. I've been a loyal customer for 12 years and, for the first time since I came to Directv, I am seriously considering changing providers.

10 of 10 (32 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments