Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Sep 25, 2013
7:59:27 AM
connecting AM21 to Genie

I have an AM21 that I am wanting to hook up to my Genie.  I used to be able to chain together the AM21 to my HR24, but I can no longer do that. I was told that I could request a power for the AM21 and that DirecTV would send one to me.  Is that possible?

I have an AM21 that I am wanting to hook up to my Genie.  I used to be able to chain together the AM21 to my HR24, but I can no longer do that. I was told that I could request a power for the AM21 and that DirecTV would send one to me.  Is that possible?

connecting AM21 to Genie

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 8:44:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
You can try calling DirecTV, but I doubt they will know what you are talking about.  Best to get a cable from Radio Shack or Best Buy
You can try calling DirecTV, but I doubt they will know what you are talking about.  Best to get a cable from Radio Shack or Best Buy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: connecting AM21 to Genie

2 of 5 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 8:50:39 AM
(0)
Contributor

what is this cable that i need to look for from radio shack or best buy and how do i use it to connect my am21 to the genie?

thank you. also, Will DTV receivers work with most HDMI wireless solutions?

what is this cable that i need to look for from radio shack or best buy and how do i use it to connect my am21 to the genie?

thank you. also, Will DTV receivers work with most HDMI wireless solutions?

3 of 5 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:43:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

any "regular" 2 prong power cord will do

I have never used wireless HDMI, so I have no idea

any "regular" 2 prong power cord will do

I have never used wireless HDMI, so I have no idea

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 7:22:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Will DTV receivers work with most HDMI wireless solutions?

Only if it properly supports HDCP copy protection.

Will DTV receivers work with most HDMI wireless solutions?

Only if it properly supports HDCP copy protection.

5 of 5 (12 Views)