Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Mar 4, 2014
6:41:28 PM
c41w (techs only please)

i dont know if there is a discussion already but I wanted to know if there are any techs on here that were "lucky" enough to be part of the test market for the c41w. if so, how's it going? lol we have been told march 13th is the national roll out but of course that will probably change if it hasn't already. what kind of problems are you coming across and how did you solve them? also, did your office see a big rise is sin30s? lol I know its not really funny so seriously... what can we expect? thanks

i dont know if there is a discussion already but I wanted to know if there are any techs on here that were "lucky" enough to be part of the test market for the c41w. if so, how's it going? lol we have been told march 13th is the national roll out but of course that will probably change if it hasn't already. what kind of problems are you coming across and how did you solve them? also, did your office see a big rise is sin30s? lol I know its not really funny so seriously... what can we expect? thanks

c41w (techs only please)

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 7:04:47 PM
(0)
Guru

C41w are awsome my sin 30 is 2.6

C41w are awsome my sin 30 is 2.6

Re: c41w (techs only please)

2 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 7:43:08 PM
(0)
Teacher

As long as you use Beacon Mode on all installs there should be little to no issues with the C41W.

As long as you use Beacon Mode on all installs there should be little to no issues with the C41W.

3 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 4:00:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

What is Beacon Mode?

What is Beacon Mode?

4 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 4:03:35 PM
(0)
Guru

It's a mode of the wvb it sends an emitting signal to the c41w

To show you if it's a suitable location

It's a mode of the wvb it sends an emitting signal to the c41w

To show you if it's a suitable location

5 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 6:45:29 PM
(0)
Teacher

Have a problem with VWB. When I hooked up phone line into HR44. Tried do a test and incoming call message pop-up on HR44. But I noticed that C41W have an issue that picture got freeze and go to gray screen, for after 10 second the picture coming back. Any idea guys. ?????

Have a problem with VWB. When I hooked up phone line into HR44. Tried do a test and incoming call message pop-up on HR44. But I noticed that C41W have an issue that picture got freeze and go to gray screen, for after 10 second the picture coming back. Any idea guys. ?????

6 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 6:57:12 PM
(0)
Teacher

Who is the phone provider, I quit hooking hr44 up to phones because both charter and frontier have issues with that receiver being hooked up to their phone lines. It could also be an issue with the hr44.

Who is the phone provider, I quit hooking hr44 up to phones because both charter and frontier have issues with that receiver being hooked up to their phone lines. It could also be an issue with the hr44.

7 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 6:58:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

AT & T Universal.

AT & T Universal.

8 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 7:05:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

Are you using filters, with uverse you don't need them, and you could try a different phone jack. I have also seen phone splitters cause issues too. Also uverse phone is a hybrid VoIP system it could be sending interference through the phone line, or if you are using cordless phones they could be interfering with the signal. Also maintain a 4 foot minimum distance between your video bridge and any wireless device. This includes cellphones, hr44, routers, cordless phone bases and phones, etc...

Are you using filters, with uverse you don't need them, and you could try a different phone jack. I have also seen phone splitters cause issues too. Also uverse phone is a hybrid VoIP system it could be sending interference through the phone line, or if you are using cordless phones they could be interfering with the signal. Also maintain a 4 foot minimum distance between your video bridge and any wireless device. This includes cellphones, hr44, routers, cordless phone bases and phones, etc...

9 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 7:08:26 PM
(0)
Teacher

yeah I used filter too, but its not help at all.

yeah I used filter too, but its not help at all.

10 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 8:49:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

Could also be a software glitch, the c41w is still new afterwards. Hooking up phones is rare these days as most households are cellphone only.

Could also be a software glitch, the c41w is still new afterwards. Hooking up phones is rare these days as most households are cellphone only.

11 of 12 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 8:53:03 PM
(0)
Teacher

agreed. Thanks

agreed. Thanks

12 of 12 (3 Views)