Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 16, 2013
11:05:16 AM
View profile
The Blaze on Direct TV

I have been a Direct TV customer for years now and I want The Blaze included in regular programing.  I do not participate with Facebook so I have chosen to post here.  As previously stated, I have been a DirectTV customer for many years and am seriously thinking about moving my service to Dish because DirectTV will not add The Blaze to the available line-up. There is absolutely NO reason that this program has not been already added as it is included by much smaller providers than DirectTV .  I strongly request that DirectTV add this program to the regular line up of stations.

Thank you,

Interested in accurate information!

I have been a Direct TV customer for years now and I want The Blaze included in regular programing.  I do not participate with Facebook so I have chosen to post here.  As previously stated, I have been a DirectTV customer for many years and am seriously thinking about moving my service to Dish because DirectTV will not add The Blaze to the available line-up. There is absolutely NO reason that this program has not been already added as it is included by much smaller providers than DirectTV .  I strongly request that DirectTV add this program to the regular line up of stations.

Thank you,

Interested in accurate information!

The Blaze on Direct TV

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 11:08:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Best to email your suggestion to DirecTV as they wont see it here

Best to email your suggestion to DirecTV as they wont see it here

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: The Blaze on Direct TV

2 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 11:19:41 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, where do I or how do I email directly to DirectTV?

Thanks, where do I or how do I email directly to DirectTV?

3 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 11:22:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 11:47:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks!

Thanks!

5 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 11:32:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have sent multiple requests, they don't care. I have been a customer for 20 years and they just ignore me.

I have sent multiple requests, they don't care. I have been a customer for 20 years and they just ignore me.

6 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2013 3:16:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Just because you want a channel does not mean DirecTV will add it. The decision to add a channel depends on all sorts of things:

the demand for the channel

whether there is available bandwidth for the channel (often there isn't)

how much additional equipment DirecTV has to add

what sort of deal the channel wants

Just because you want a channel does not mean DirecTV will add it. The decision to add a channel depends on all sorts of things:

the demand for the channel

whether there is available bandwidth for the channel (often there isn't)

how much additional equipment DirecTV has to add

what sort of deal the channel wants

7 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 6:26:05 AM
(0)
Expert

Directv has 30 million customers, yes, 30 million.  If you were in charge of allocating the limited number of transponders available on the satellites, would you quick add ever channel requested?

Directv has 30 million customers, yes, 30 million.  If you were in charge of allocating the limited number of transponders available on the satellites, would you quick add ever channel requested?

8 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2014 6:27:35 PM
(0)
Contributor

So why would they carry Al Jezzera?  Might as well carry Russia today so we can get all the propaganda instead of news that we can use.  Besides Dish thought it was good enough to carry the  Blaze.  They should put out a survey to see if it is something that the viewers would like to see.

So why would they carry Al Jezzera?  Might as well carry Russia today so we can get all the propaganda instead of news that we can use.  Besides Dish thought it was good enough to carry the  Blaze.  They should put out a survey to see if it is something that the viewers would like to see.

9 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2014 7:41:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

they carry Al Jezeerra because DirecTV had a contract with a channel called Current, and they sold their rights to Al Jezeera. Although DirecTv is not very happy about it, see http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/directvs-super-secret-lawsuit-al-747493

And as far as the Blaze is concerned, the rumor is that the channel is asking DirecTv to pay too much to carry the programming.  It's certainly not free.

they carry Al Jezeerra because DirecTV had a contract with a channel called Current, and they sold their rights to Al Jezeera. Although DirecTv is not very happy about it, see http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/directvs-super-secret-lawsuit-al-747493

And as far as the Blaze is concerned, the rumor is that the channel is asking DirecTv to pay too much to carry the programming.  It's certainly not free.

10 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2014 7:54:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You realize you're responding to a thread that's more than a year old?   Of course DirecTV is constantly surveying customers about channel choices as part of their ongoing contract negotiations with the stations and networks.  Be sure to email your thoughts directly to DirecTV because they won't see them here.

You realize you're responding to a thread that's more than a year old?   Of course DirecTV is constantly surveying customers about channel choices as part of their ongoing contract negotiations with the stations and networks.  Be sure to email your thoughts directly to DirecTV because they won't see them here.

11 of 12 (2,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2016 11:04:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I WAS a DIRECT TV subscriber for 15 years and switched to DISH, because of DIRECT  NOT adding the BLAZE network.

Little did I know, that this move gave me $ 30.00 a month SAVINGS,BETTER EQUIPMENT and all the programs my family likes.

PLUS EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Herb 

I WAS a DIRECT TV subscriber for 15 years and switched to DISH, because of DIRECT  NOT adding the BLAZE network.

Little did I know, that this move gave me $ 30.00 a month SAVINGS,BETTER EQUIPMENT and all the programs my family likes.

PLUS EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Herb 

12 of 12 (739 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments