Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Dec 26, 2012
6:22:12 PM
Setting up the BOSE SOLO with DIRECTV
Are there specific setup instructions for replacing the current TV volume controls with the controls for the BOSE SOLO? I want to continue to use the DIRECTV remote to control the BOSE.
Are there specific setup instructions for replacing the current TV volume controls with the controls for the BOSE SOLO? I want to continue to use the DIRECTV remote to control the BOSE.

Setting up the BOSE SOLO with DIRECTV

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2012 6:51:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door. 

what is the model of your DirecTV remote control?

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door. 

what is the model of your DirecTV remote control?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Setting up the BOSE SOLO with DIRECTV

2 of 7 (238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2012 6:28:37 AM
(0)
Tutor
Receiver = HR24-100
Remote = RC65RX
Receiver = HR24-100
Remote = RC65RX

3 of 7 (238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2012 6:51:57 AM
(0)
Expert

The HR24 remote setup menu is easy to follow and pretty well self explanatory.  You'll set the Bose power functions under the AV1 slide switch position,  After that is programmed, there will be an option to control either the TV or the Bose volume.

The HR24 remote setup menu is easy to follow and pretty well self explanatory.  You'll set the Bose power functions under the AV1 slide switch position,  After that is programmed, there will be an option to control either the TV or the Bose volume.

4 of 7 (238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2012 8:01:11 AM
(0)
Tutor
I was able to turn the power on for the Bose BUT when I tried to do the volume lock, the remote had a transmission code error. What did I do wrong?
I was able to turn the power on for the Bose BUT when I tried to do the volume lock, the remote had a transmission code error. What did I do wrong?

5 of 7 (238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2012 8:26:06 AM
(0)
Tutor
I figured it out. I had to repeat the lock process a number of times until it found the right code. I just kept hitting Try Again till it locked successfully.
I figured it out. I had to repeat the lock process a number of times until it found the right code. I just kept hitting Try Again till it locked successfully.

6 of 7 (238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2012 3:48:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update. Enjoy! 

Awesome.  Thanks for the update. Enjoy! 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (238 Views)