Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 2, 2013
3:28:06 PM
View profile
SWM Power Inserter Problems

I have been without TV for about a week now due to problems w/ my receivers communicating w/ my dish (slimline). I called DTV customer "service" twice and both times I got the runaround w/ the basic unplugging/re-plugging in of my equipment which I did multiple times before even calling. The error code is 775.

Basically the problem is that my receivers can't get a signal anymore and the solid green light on my SWM power inserter is on. So after 2 frustrating phone calls that ended up w/ the CSRs telling me that I will have to pay $50 for someone to come out and fix the problem, I took a closer look at my equipment. 

***WHAT I THINK IS THE ISSUE*****

I unscrewed the two coax cables from my power inserter and found that one of them had this, "gunk" inside when I unscrewed it. I am thinking that the installer used an outdoor coax cable or bury cable to hook into the power inserter. 

Can anyone tell me if that is normal and/if there are actually 2 female coax inputs on the inserter itself? 

I bought a new power inserter off of ebay and am thinking to attach a new coax male end to the gunky cable and hook up the new power inserter. Can someone help me out w/ some advice? 

Thanks!

I have been without TV for about a week now due to problems w/ my receivers communicating w/ my dish (slimline). I called DTV customer "service" twice and both times I got the runaround w/ the basic unplugging/re-plugging in of my equipment which I did multiple times before even calling. The error code is 775.

Basically the problem is that my receivers can't get a signal anymore and the solid green light on my SWM power inserter is on. So after 2 frustrating phone calls that ended up w/ the CSRs telling me that I will have to pay $50 for someone to come out and fix the problem, I took a closer look at my equipment. 

***WHAT I THINK IS THE ISSUE*****

I unscrewed the two coax cables from my power inserter and found that one of them had this, "gunk" inside when I unscrewed it. I am thinking that the installer used an outdoor coax cable or bury cable to hook into the power inserter. 

Can anyone tell me if that is normal and/if there are actually 2 female coax inputs on the inserter itself? 

I bought a new power inserter off of ebay and am thinking to attach a new coax male end to the gunky cable and hook up the new power inserter. Can someone help me out w/ some advice? 

Thanks!

SWM Power Inserter Problems

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2013 4:16:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

This is the usual way multiple receivers are connected there are times that the SWM power inserter "To SWM" port is connected to the dish coax and the "To IRD" port is connected to the SWM splitter "in" port.

This is the usual way multiple receivers are connected there are times that the SWM power inserter "To SWM" port is connected to the dish coax and the "To IRD" port is connected to the SWM splitter "in" port.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SWM Power Inserter Problems

2 of 2 (454 Views)