Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 24, 2013
3:39:11 PM
View profile
Powerline/powerstrip ethernet adapters

Does Directv still sell their Powerline/powerstrip ethernet adapters, if nor does anyone know where I can buy one?

Does Directv still sell their Powerline/powerstrip ethernet adapters, if nor does anyone know where I can buy one?

Powerline/powerstrip ethernet adapters

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 4:02:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, they do not. These have proven to be very unreliable for internet and DVR network, so they're no longer recommended. 

No, they do not. These have proven to be very unreliable for internet and DVR network, so they're no longer recommended. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Powerline/powerstrip ethernet adapters

2 of 5 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 6:35:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have never had any issue with mine but stopped using them for my DTV along time ago and only used them for internet to a bedroom. I now need to have internet in another room and was just wanted to buy one more adapter instead of having to get a whole new set up. Looks like I have no choice now.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have never had any issue with mine but stopped using them for my DTV along time ago and only used them for internet to a bedroom. I now need to have internet in another room and was just wanted to buy one more adapter instead of having to get a whole new set up. Looks like I have no choice now.

Thanks

3 of 5 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 24, 2013 7:12:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The newer technology Powerline Adapters are probably much better anyway.

The newer technology Powerline Adapters are probably much better anyway.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (13 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 3:27:44 AM
(0)
Expert

Do you need this Internet connection to serve your Directv system?  If you have certain equipment there are better ways to get Internet on your Directv boxes.  If you'd like to tell us what you're trying to accomplish and a list of your equipment we may have some useful suggestions.

Do you need this Internet connection to serve your Directv system?  If you have certain equipment there are better ways to get Internet on your Directv boxes.  If you'd like to tell us what you're trying to accomplish and a list of your equipment we may have some useful suggestions.

5 of 5 (13 Views)