Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 22, 2014
3:15:05 PM
How to get directv to my room

I'm trying to get directv in my bedroom. Do I have to run a coaxial cable straight from the dish, to my bedroom? It works in the living room, not sure how to get it in multiple rooms. I have a slim line dish on the house.

I'm trying to get directv in my bedroom. Do I have to run a coaxial cable straight from the dish, to my bedroom? It works in the living room, not sure how to get it in multiple rooms. I have a slim line dish on the house.

How to get directv to my room

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 3:17:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

since you need a receiver, calling DirecTV is your best bet

since you need a receiver, calling DirecTV is your best bet

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How to get directv to my room

2 of 6 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 3:17:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have it working in the living room. Can I split it or do I have to use a clear cord from the satellite to the bedroom? I have 6 bedrooms. I think there are only 4 inputs on the dish. So it doesn't make sense that I'd have to have multiple dishes to get it to 6 rooms

I have it working in the living room. Can I split it or do I have to use a clear cord from the satellite to the bedroom? I have 6 bedrooms. I think there are only 4 inputs on the dish. So it doesn't make sense that I'd have to have multiple dishes to get it to 6 rooms

3 of 6 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 3:18:53 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have multiple receivers from my previous jouse

I have multiple receivers from my previous jouse

4 of 6 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 3:18:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have multiple receivers from my previous house

I have multiple receivers from my previous house

5 of 6 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 22, 2014 3:23:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

SO since it seems you have a legacy system (4 output LNB) you will need to run all four lines fmr the LNB to a Zinwell 6x8 switch.  Then run all the cables to the receivers from the switch.  you can't use any sort of splitters

SO since it seems you have a legacy system (4 output LNB) you will need to run all four lines fmr the LNB to a Zinwell 6x8 switch.  Then run all the cables to the receivers from the switch.  you can't use any sort of splitters

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (11 Views)