Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 10, 2014
8:03:42 PM
View profile
How do I hook up a HR23-700 and 18" round dish

I decided to move my H23-700 DVR over to my RV.  I have an 18" round dish for it.  I realize I won't get HD but that's OK.  I am wondering what the right setup is.  I am thinking for the 101 satellite it should be:

DISH TYPE: 01:ROUND (18")

SWITCH TYPE: 02:MULTISWITCH

TUNERS: SINGLE

Does this sound right?

Thanks!

I decided to move my H23-700 DVR over to my RV.  I have an 18" round dish for it.  I realize I won't get HD but that's OK.  I am wondering what the right setup is.  I am thinking for the 101 satellite it should be:

DISH TYPE: 01:ROUND (18")

SWITCH TYPE: 02:MULTISWITCH

TUNERS: SINGLE

Does this sound right?

Thanks!

How do I hook up a HR23-700 and 18" round dish

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 8:36:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Those are correct.  Be sure to connect the dish to the Receiver first.  Then, during the Satellite Setup, select the "Multiswitch" type BEFORE specifying the dish type, otherwise it won't stick.

Those are correct.  Be sure to connect the dish to the Receiver first.  Then, during the Satellite Setup, select the "Multiswitch" type BEFORE specifying the dish type, otherwise it won't stick.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I hook up a HR23-700 and 18" round dish

2 of 4 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 9:02:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

Do I connect the cable from the dish to "satellite in 1 (SWM-2)" or "satellite in 2" in the back of the box?

Thanks for helping!

Do I connect the cable from the dish to "satellite in 1 (SWM-2)" or "satellite in 2" in the back of the box?

Thanks for helping!

3 of 4 (45 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 9:10:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

SAT1

SAT1

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (45 Views)