Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 19, 2014
3:02:49 PM
View profile
How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: signal to IRD and power to SWM. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: 'signal to IRD' and 'power to SWM'. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: 'signal to IRD' and 'power to SWM'. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: signal to IRD and power to SWM. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 4:09:46 PM
(0)
Professor

Power to SWM goes to the dish. Signal to IRD goes to your receiver. You can damage things if hooked up backwards.

Power to SWM goes to the dish. Signal to IRD goes to your receiver. You can damage things if hooked up backwards.

Re: How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: signal to IRD and power to SWM. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

2 of 8 (46 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 6:18:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Do you have a SWM LNB?

Do you have a SWM LNB?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I correctly connect my power inserter? It has two inputs: signal to IRD and power to SWM. I have one cable coming in from outside and one cable that goes to the TV. Help please.

3 of 8 (46 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 6:37:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

i dont know what that is

i dont know what that is

4 of 8 (46 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 6:39:28 PM
(0)
Contributor

the tv works fine in the front room its only the second set in the kitchen that i have trouble with

the tv works fine in the front room its only the second set in the kitchen that i have trouble with

5 of 8 (46 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 6:39:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

well the power inserter is made to power a SWM LNB.  What type of dish/LNB do you have?

well the power inserter is made to power a SWM LNB.  What type of dish/LNB do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 8 (46 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 6:47:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Are you the OP?

Are you the OP?

7 of 8 (46 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 9:24:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

buddly, are you the original poster?  If not, please start your own new thread with more details about your equipment and setup.

buddly, are you the original poster?  If not, please start your own new thread with more details about your equipment and setup.

8 of 8 (46 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments