Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted May 13, 2013
11:09:50 PM
View profile
How do I connect my mini genie to dvd recorder?
I just got the Genie and two client minis. The mini genie only has hdmi output but my dvd recorder has rca inputs and hdmi output. Can anyone tell me what I need in order to connect to my dvd recorder which is a Magnavox MDR537h? I am assuming that an hdmi to rca cable won't be good enough. Will a converter work? And if so, are there any recommendations? Thank you!
I just got the Genie and two client minis. The mini genie only has hdmi output but my dvd recorder has rca inputs and hdmi output. Can anyone tell me what I need in order to connect to my dvd recorder which is a Magnavox MDR537h? I am assuming that an hdmi to rca cable won't be good enough. Will a converter work? And if so, are there any recommendations? Thank you!

How do I connect my mini genie to dvd recorder?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2013 11:12:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You need a "Composite Video Cable" for the C31 client.   You can order one from dealers like Solid Signal, or by calling DirecTV.  That cable will provide the yellow RCA video and red+white RCA audio cables. 

You need a "Composite Video Cable" for the C31 client.   You can order one from dealers like Solid Signal, or by calling DirecTV.  That cable will provide the yellow RCA video and red+white RCA audio cables. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I connect my mini genie to dvd recorder?

2 of 3 (531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2013 5:12:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Here is a commercial link

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=10pincompos&d=directv-10pincompos-10-pin-to-composite-dongle-for-directv-c31-(10pincompos)

Here is a commercial link

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=10pincompos&d=directv-10pincompos-10-pin-to-composite-dongle-for-directv-c31-(10pincompos)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I connect my mini genie to dvd recorder?

3 of 3 (531 Views)