Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2013
7:54:16 AM
View profile
How do I connect my Toshiba DVD/VHS player?

I have connected my Toshiba DVD/VHS player to a standard Directv box. I can't play a DVD. I get no picture or sound but the DVD is playing. What do I do?

I have connected my Toshiba DVD/VHS player to a standard Directv box. I can't play a DVD. I get no picture or sound but the DVD is playing. What do I do?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 15, 2013 5:16:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

OK.  If it's also a recorder, then try these steps ....

The typical setup to record from your DirecTV Reciever/DVR to a VCR or DVD recorder is:

* DirecTV Receiver/DVR Audio/Video Output -> matching TV A/V Input (e.g. INPUT1)

* DirecTV Receiver/DVR A/V Output -> matching DVD/VCR Recorder A/V Input

* DVD/VCR Recorder A/V Output -> matching TV A/V Input (e.g. INPUT2)

Use the TV's Input/Source Selector Function to switch between the DirecTV receiver and VCR/DVD Recorder.  To record on the DVD/VCR Recorder, select the DirecTV Receiver/DVR Input on the recorder, set the DirecTV Receiver/DVR to the channel to record (or play a recording to copy on a DVR), and start recording on your DVD/VCR Recorder.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

How do I connect my Toshiba DVD/VHS player?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 8:37:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Is this Toshiba a "recorder" or just a player?  There's no way to connect a playback device to your DirecTV box because it has no audio/video inputs.  It only has outputs that can be connected to your TV or VCR/DVD Recorder.

Is this Toshiba a "recorder" or just a player?  There's no way to connect a playback device to your DirecTV box because it has no audio/video inputs.  It only has outputs that can be connected to your TV or VCR/DVD Recorder.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I connect my Toshiba DVD/VHS player?

2 of 7 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2013 8:44:26 AM
(0)
Employee

you need to connect your DVD player directly to your TV, DirecTV receivers has no inputs, only outputs

you need to connect your DVD player directly to your TV, DirecTV receivers has no inputs, only outputs

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 7 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 8:03:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

4 of 7 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 8:21:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

would have to connect the receiver to the VCR and if aware of VCR inputs will have to utilize the inputs ussualy connects through coax only be aware of in and outs on the VCR 

would have to connect the receiver to the VCR and if aware of VCR inputs will have to utilize the inputs ussualy connects through coax only be aware of in and outs on the VCR 

5 of 7 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2013 1:28:23 PM
(0)
Contributor

It is a recorder as well.

It is a recorder as well.

6 of 7 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 15, 2013 5:16:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The typical setup to record from your DirecTV Reciever/DVR to a VCR or DVD recorder is:

* DirecTV Receiver/DVR Audio/Video Output -> matching TV A/V Input (e.g. INPUT1)

Use the TV's Input/Source Selector Function to switch between the DirecTV receiver and VCR/DVD Recorder.  To record on the DVD/VCR Recorder, select the DirecTV Receiver/DVR Input on the recorder, set the DirecTV Receiver/DVR to the channel to record (or play a recording to copy on a DVR), and start recording on your DVD/VCR Recorder.

7 of 7 (348 Views)
Solution