Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 10, 2014
7:43:42 PM
View profile
Genie Mini won't send signal on HDMI

Brand new compatible TV that gets an error message when attempting to use HDMI cable connection.

Double checked all settings on TV and Genie.  Checked that the TV meets Genie communication requirements.

The HDMI cable is of the newest standard, (Ethernet capable, 3D and Audi return), and I am wondering if that could possibly be the cause, or if there are other things that can resolve this issue through settings etc?  The cable is supposed to be 100% backwards compatible, so I am doubtful that is the issue.  Have not had a spare old HDMI cable to test.

Any idea are welcome.  Thanks.

Brand new compatible TV that gets an error message when attempting to use HDMI cable connection.

Double checked all settings on TV and Genie.  Checked that the TV meets Genie communication requirements.

The HDMI cable is of the newest standard, (Ethernet capable, 3D and Audi return), and I am wondering if that could possibly be the cause, or if there are other things that can resolve this issue through settings etc?  The cable is supposed to be 100% backwards compatible, so I am doubtful that is the issue.  Have not had a spare old HDMI cable to test.

Any idea are welcome.  Thanks.

Genie Mini won't send signal on HDMI

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 7:48:55 PM
(0)
Professor

Check the TVs website and see if there is any new firmware/software updates.

Check the TVs website and see if there is any new firmware/software updates.

Re: Genie Mini won't send signal on HDMI

2 of 6 (27 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 8:00:31 PM
(0)
Employee

how many minis do you currently have?

how many minis do you currently have?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (27 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2014 8:36:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What's the error message?

What's the error message?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (27 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2014 1:38:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

Sorry for my long delay in responding - things got busy and I did not have time to address the challenge for a while.

There was (is) no firmware update available from the TV manufacturer's website.  As I have another LED on a Genie Mini with HDMI I took that cable to plug in to the new TV, to see it it was cable related.

Unfortunately to my embarrassment it was much simpler than that.  The orientation and location of the HDMI-1 input is completely different than the input location of the other HDMI, PC, and USB inputs, and I missed that.  I had only tried to display HDMI-1 and never noticed I was plugged in to the #2 input.  Problem has been resolved. Thank you for your input and responses.

Sorry for my long delay in responding - things got busy and I did not have time to address the challenge for a while.

There was (is) no firmware update available from the TV manufacturer's website.  As I have another LED on a Genie Mini with HDMI I took that cable to plug in to the new TV, to see it it was cable related.

Unfortunately to my embarrassment it was much simpler than that.  The orientation and location of the HDMI-1 input is completely different than the input location of the other HDMI, PC, and USB inputs, and I missed that.  I had only tried to display HDMI-1 and never noticed I was plugged in to the #2 input.  Problem has been resolved. Thank you for your input and responses.

5 of 6 (27 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2014 1:57:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks for the update. Enjoy!

Thanks for the update. Enjoy!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (27 Views)