Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 16, 2013
2:23:33 PM
View profile
Error Code 775

Every day from about 11:30 A.M. until about 3 P.M. I get the 775 Error Code and then it mysteriously goes away. DIRECTV would like for me to pay a technician to come out and look at my system, however, it seems to me to be a broadcasting issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Every day from about 11:30 A.M. until about 3 P.M. I get the 775 Error Code and then it mysteriously goes away. DIRECTV would like for me to pay a technician to come out and look at my system, however, it seems to me to be a broadcasting issue. Anyone else experiencing this?

Error Code 775

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 2:49:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, that's not a broadcasting issue. That error means that something is wrong with your Single Wire Multiswitch dish equipment.  Most likely it's a loose or corroded coax connection at your dish or ground block.  Or perhaps a defective dish LNB that's become temperature sensitive.  Some of those things you can check yourself, but a service call will fix it for sure.

No, that's not a broadcasting issue. That error means that something is wrong with your Single Wire Multiswitch dish equipment.  Most likely it's a loose or corroded coax connection at your dish or ground block.  Or perhaps a defective dish LNB that's become temperature sensitive.  Some of those things you can check yourself, but a service call will fix it for sure.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Error Code 775

2 of 5 (950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 11:19:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you for your help, the temperature explanation would seem to be the answer as it happens at the height of sun exposure. I will reschedule my appointment with them.

Dan

Thank you for your help, the temperature explanation would seem to be the answer as it happens at the height of sun exposure. I will reschedule my appointment with them.

Dan

3 of 5 (950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 10:28:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Keep us posted.

Keep us posted.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 2:49:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

As a tech, EVERY time I see this on a service call I do 2 things.

Replace the cable from the dish to the groundblock, then move the power supply before the splitter if possible, if I cannot do that I change all cabling in between the dish and the power supply, even it is does not look or test bad.

99% of the time it is a power supply issue, almost never the power supply itself, but inferior cabling from the dish to the power supply.

Do not accept the reset power supply and receiver recommendation from a customer service rep, this is not a fix...

You will need a tech there to check the cabling I mentioned. 775 errors DO NOT fix themselves, there is a valid issue with the system...

As a tech, EVERY time I see this on a service call I do 2 things.

Replace the cable from the dish to the groundblock, then move the power supply before the splitter if possible, if I cannot do that I change all cabling in between the dish and the power supply, even it is does not look or test bad.

99% of the time it is a power supply issue, almost never the power supply itself, but inferior cabling from the dish to the power supply.

Do not accept the reset power supply and receiver recommendation from a customer service rep, this is not a fix...

You will need a tech there to check the cabling I mentioned. 775 errors DO NOT fix themselves, there is a valid issue with the system...

5 of 5 (950 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments