Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 28, 2014
3:09:00 PM
View profile
Dish aiming for 99 sat

I have a slimline dish with a SL3 LNB, I can get signals in the mid to upper 90s on 101 and 103 ca and cb, but I cannot get a signal on 99.

Any suggestions on how to adjust to get 99?

I have a slimline dish with a SL3 LNB, I can get signals in the mid to upper 90s on 101 and 103 ca and cb, but I cannot get a signal on 99.

Any suggestions on how to adjust to get 99?

Dish aiming for 99 sat

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 4:01:08 PM
(0)
Employee

Make sure your mast in level an you have the correct tilt on your dish.  A properly aligned dish will receive all satellites

Make sure your mast in level an you have the correct tilt on your dish.  A properly aligned dish will receive all satellites

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Dish aiming for 99 sat

2 of 6 (37 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2014 10:54:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you're getting signal readings in the high 80-90s on 101 and 103º satellites, but nothing on 99º, then suggests something is blocking your dish's view of that satellite.  Or you have a defective dish LNB or Receiver.

If you're getting signal readings in the high 80-90s on 101 and 103º satellites, but nothing on 99º, then suggests something is blocking your dish's view of that satellite.  Or you have a defective dish LNB or Receiver.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (37 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2014 5:49:31 AM
(0)
Tutor

I called direct tv and after they set me up for the locals in my new location for some reason 99 started working without me doing anything else.  I move about weekly and never had this problem before, when i get 101 and 103, i always also have 99 without doing anything.

dennis

I called direct tv and after they set me up for the locals in my new location for some reason 99 started working without me doing anything else.  I move about weekly and never had this problem before, when i get 101 and 103, i always also have 99 without doing anything.

dennis

4 of 6 (37 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2014 8:15:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just re-aimed my dish using the audible beep signal strength meters.  Success!  Now, even during heavy rain, I get a decent signal.  I suffered with horrible reception since the so-called 'professional' installer couldn't do it right.

I just re-aimed my dish using the audible beep signal strength meters.  Success!  Now, even during heavy rain, I get a decent signal.  I suffered with horrible reception since the so-called 'professional' installer couldn't do it right.

5 of 6 (37 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2014 8:20:26 AM
(0)
Employee

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (37 Views)