Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Dec 6, 2012
2:16:46 PM
Connecting h25-100 hd receiver to Internet
Greetings, I do have a directv service since aug 2011. Therefore my contract expires on aug 2013. When I signed up for the service NO one told me I could upgrade to an hd dvr for FREE, which logically I would've. Now I want to connect my HD reciver to Internet so I could watch tv on my iPad. The reciver that I have doesn't have an Ethernet cable adapter. after researching I found out that I can use a DECA adapter to be able to connect my hd reciver to the Internet. I want to make sure that such a thing could happen before buying anything.
Thank you for the efforts.
Greetings, I do have a directv service since aug 2011. Therefore my contract expires on aug 2013. When I signed up for the service NO one told me I could upgrade to an hd dvr for FREE, which logically I would've. Now I want to connect my HD reciver to Internet so I could watch tv on my iPad. The reciver that I have doesn't have an Ethernet cable adapter. after researching I found out that I can use a DECA adapter to be able to connect my hd reciver to the Internet. I want to make sure that such a thing could happen before buying anything.
Thank you for the efforts.

Connecting h25-100 hd receiver to Internet

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 2:25:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Oh did I mention, I think directv DO NOT care about their current customers cause they look us with contracts. I called four times and try to get a dvr, which would solve my problem, they were like you don't have any promotion. Even though I told them that no one told me about the free upgrade from the beginning.  I believe they only care for new customers. 

Oh did I mention, I think directv DO NOT care about their current customers cause they look us with contracts. I called four times and try to get a dvr, which would solve my problem, they were like you don't have any promotion. Even though I told them that no one told me about the free upgrade from the beginning.  I believe they only care for new customers. 

Re: Connecting h25-100 hd receiver to Internet

2 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 4:23:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

in order to watch TV on your iPad, you need an HDDVR

in order to watch TV on your iPad, you need an HDDVR

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 4:33:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Does h25-100 accept Internet connection at ALL??? With the DECA adapter ?

Thank you 

Does h25-100 accept Internet connection at ALL??? With the DECA adapter ?

Thank you 

4 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 4:53:38 PM
(0)
Guru

Yes, but without a hard drive you can't download anything or use any apps so it is pretty much useless.

Yes, but without a hard drive you can't download anything or use any apps so it is pretty much useless.

5 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 4:59:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Right, you would need a Cinema Connection Kit  in order to connect the H25 to the net.  But as shannon mentioned, there is really no benefit, you only get TV apps, Media share and PPV ordering via remote.

Right, you would need a Cinema Connection Kit  in order to connect the H25 to the net.  But as shannon mentioned, there is really no benefit, you only get TV apps, Media share and PPV ordering via remote.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 7:14:44 PM
(0)
Tutor
OK, perfect. I don't wanna download anything. I'll only try to stream over the iPad, MEDIA SHARE. I believe it's worth the try.
so do I need that DECA adapter or or the whole cinema connection kit?

Thank you again.
OK, perfect. I don't wanna download anything. I'll only try to stream over the iPad, MEDIA SHARE. I believe it's worth the try.
so do I need that DECA adapter or or the whole cinema connection kit?

Thank you again.

7 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 7:20:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Quote: Originally Posted by fadhil91s 
. I'll only try to stream over the iPad, 

You can't, you need an HDDVR in order to do this.

. I'll only try to stream over the iPad, 

You can't, you need an HDDVR in order to do this.

8 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 8:43:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thank you sir.
Thank you sir.

9 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 10:42:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

If you have not done so, be sure to set up an account at DirecTV.com.

Some of the best upgrade offers are communicated through your DirecTV.com account.

Good Luck!!

If you have not done so, be sure to set up an account at DirecTV.com.

Some of the best upgrade offers are communicated through your DirecTV.com account.

Good Luck!!

10 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2012 4:54:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You are welcome

You are welcome

11 of 12 (503 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2012 6:55:12 AM
(0)
Expert
I believe it's worth the try.

Peds48 spoke the facts.  The iPad App has a basic requirement, a HD DVR.  There is no "worth a try" involved.  The H25 won't work.  

I believe it's worth the try.

Peds48 spoke the facts.  The iPad App has a basic requirement, a HD DVR.  There is no "worth a try" involved.  The H25 won't work.  

12 of 12 (503 Views)