Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Aug 11, 2014
6:20:36 AM
View profile
Changing boxes

My daughter is switching set top boxes, going from HD dvr to a plain hd box.  I assume it's easy enough to do, but the question I have is do we need to take the card out of the dvr box and put it in the hd box?  Or do we just unplug one and plug in the other and we're good to go?

My daughter is switching set top boxes, going from HD dvr to a plain hd box.  I assume it's easy enough to do, but the question I have is do we need to take the card out of the dvr box and put it in the hd box?  Or do we just unplug one and plug in the other and we're good to go?

Changing boxes

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 7:30:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It should be plug and play. Access cards are not interchangeable

It should be plug and play. Access cards are not interchangeable

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Changing boxes

2 of 6 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 8:50:13 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!

3 of 6 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2014 2:06:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

you are most welcome

you are most welcome

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2014 6:04:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

Another question if I may.  What is the process for activating the box? 

Another question if I may.  What is the process for activating the box? 

5 of 6 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2014 6:54:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

If by you mean of "... switching set top boxex..." and "Changing boxes..." is receiving a new equipment from DTV, then you can activate the new hd receiver either by logging in to your DTV online account, calling the automated phone system (800) 388-6597, or the phone number 800-531-5000.

If by you mean of "... switching set top boxex..." and "Changing boxes..." is receiving a new equipment from DTV, then you can activate the new hd receiver either by logging in to your DTV online account, calling the automated phone system (800) 388-6597, or the phone number 800-531-5000.

6 of 6 (1 View)