Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Mar 10, 2008
5:11:47 PM
View profile
Card Expired
I haven't used one of my receivers for a couple months and when I turned it on I got the following notice

Authorization has expired
Call Cust Service 722
Rid
Card

Why would a card expire and what do I need to do to get it fixed
I haven't used one of my receivers for a couple months and when I turned it on I got the following notice

Authorization has expired
Call Cust Service 722
Rid
Card

Why would a card expire and what do I need to do to get it fixed

Card Expired

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2008 5:33:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
It's "expired" if DirecTV has deauthorized it. You'll need to call them to reactivate it.
It's "expired" if DirecTV has deauthorized it. You'll need to call them to reactivate it.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Card Expired

2 of 5 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2008 5:45:33 PM
(0)
Contributor
But why would they De-Autho the card??
But why would they De-Autho the card??

3 of 5 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2008 6:16:11 PM
(0)
Teacher
Anytime a reciever has not been used in a long time, it will lose it's authorizations. They need to be resent.
Anytime a reciever has not been used in a long time, it will lose it's authorizations. They need to be resent.

4 of 5 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2008 8:41:17 AM
(0)
Expert
As downset states, Directv sends reauthorizations via satellite to all of our cards on an ongoing basis. In the case of an unpaid bill, they may lock a card. A receiver that isn't connected to a dish and powered up can't receive the authorizations, thus it expired. It's no big deal, call em and they'll fix you right up.
As downset states, Directv sends reauthorizations via satellite to all of our cards on an ongoing basis. In the case of an unpaid bill, they may lock a card. A receiver that isn't connected to a dish and powered up can't receive the authorizations, thus it expired. It's no big deal, call em and they'll fix you right up.

5 of 5 (74 Views)