Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 5, 2013
5:38:59 PM
View profile
Can I connect my DVD player to my DVR to play DVD's?

I just bought a new DVD player with an HDMI cable but my TV has components.  I bought a converter but it's not working.  The salesman told me I should hook it to my DVR, which I did but I don't know how to get it to work from there.

I just bought a new DVD player with an HDMI cable but my TV has components.  I bought a converter but it's not working.  The salesman told me I should hook it to my DVR, which I did but I don't know how to get it to work from there.

Can I connect my DVD player to my DVR to play DVD's?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 5:43:22 PM
(0)
Employee

none of the DirecTV receivers has any HDMI inputs., only output.   Perhaps you can connect the Blue-Ray using COMPOSITE cables or get a new TV with HDMI inputs.

none of the DirecTV receivers has any HDMI inputs., only output.   Perhaps you can connect the Blue-Ray using COMPOSITE cables or get a new TV with HDMI inputs.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can I connect my DVD player to my DVR to play DVD's?

2 of 6 (87 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 7:20:32 AM
(0)
Expert

Possibly Peds48 intended to say "connect the BluRay to the TV using component cables"?

Possibly Peds48 intended to say "connect the BluRay to the TV using component cables"?

3 of 6 (87 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 3:30:33 PM
(0)
Employee

No,  I meant COMPOSITE since new BluRay by law do not have COMPONENT outputs:smileycool:

No,  I meant COMPOSITE since new BluRay by law do not have COMPONENT outputs:smileycool:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (87 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 7:01:42 AM
(0)
Expert

Boy, live and learn (so they say).  I was unaware of that, thanks for the tip.

Boy, live and learn (so they say).  I was unaware of that, thanks for the tip.

5 of 6 (87 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 9:54:16 AM
(0)
Employee

DMCA

DMCA

6 of 6 (87 Views)