Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Apr 9, 2014
8:21:06 AM
View profile
Accessing DVR Recordings

I have an HR 24 DVR connected to my primary TV.  I should be able to access recordings from it on my secondary TV which has an H20 receiver.  What settings or menus do I need to select on the secondary TV to see the recordings?

I have an HR 24 DVR connected to my primary TV.  I should be able to access recordings from it on my secondary TV which has an H20 receiver.  What settings or menus do I need to select on the secondary TV to see the recordings?

Accessing DVR Recordings

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 8:31:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

No, the H20 HD Receiver cannot participate in Whole Home DVR sharing.  You'll need to upgrade that Receiver to a newer H2x HD Receiver (e.g. H25).   If you don't already have them, you'll also need to have DirecTV install and activate the required WHDVR equipment (e.g. SWM dish, splitters, etc).  

No, the H20 HD Receiver cannot participate in Whole Home DVR sharing.  You'll need to upgrade that Receiver to a newer H2x HD Receiver (e.g. H25).   If you don't already have them, you'll also need to have DirecTV install and activate the required WHDVR equipment (e.g. SWM dish, splitters, etc).  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Accessing DVR Recordings

2 of 6 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 9:05:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks much Litzdog,

I was misinformed by the DirecTV agent yesterday. She said my equipment was suitable and made a simple change to my subscription to make it happen (with associated increased charge, of course).

Thanks much Litzdog,

I was misinformed by the DirecTV agent yesterday. She said my equipment was suitable and made a simple change to my subscription to make it happen (with associated increased charge, of course).

3 of 6 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 10:16:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'm guessing the CSR didn't pay much attention when you said your Receiver was an H20.  Call DirecTV back and explain the situation.  You might be able to get a new HD Receiver for free.   Just make sure that you also have the required "single wire multiswitch" equipment, otherwise DirecTV will need to send an installer.

I'm guessing the CSR didn't pay much attention when you said your Receiver was an H20.  Call DirecTV back and explain the situation.  You might be able to get a new HD Receiver for free.   Just make sure that you also have the required "single wire multiswitch" equipment, otherwise DirecTV will need to send an installer.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 10:40:24 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks,

You were right on all counts. I have scheduled an upgrade to my H20 to

gain the capability.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:17 AM, litzdog911 <

Thanks,

You were right on all counts. I have scheduled an upgrade to my H20 to

gain the capability.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 11:17 AM, litzdog911 <

5 of 6 (3 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2014 10:49:13 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Excellent!  Keep us posted.

Excellent!  Keep us posted.

6 of 6 (3 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments