Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Where is WatchTV On Demand Content?

Teacher

Where is WatchTV On Demand Content?

I have watchTV on my Apple TV and iPhone.  I can see some limited choices for on demand.  Maybe 200 choice.  At the bottom of my iPhone I have Watch Now, My Library and Discover.  So where is the 15000 on Demand titles we have access to?

Message 1 of 7
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by davidbk
‎07-02-2018 12:15 PM

Re: Where is WatchTV On Demand Content?

@ThumperEX - the on-demand content can be found in the "Discover" tab. You can also go through the search bar to view more movie and show titles. 

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Teacher

Thanks for the reply...  But there are only 90 shows displayed on my Discovery tab.  Is this normal?  Is the only way to see the full library to get lucky with a guess of a show that might be on WatchTV.  I keep thinking I'm missing something. 

Message 3 of 7
Teacher

@ATTCustomerCare Did you see the response above?  This topic is not yet complete.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
Teacher

My question about how to find full on demand content was answered in a tech help chat available at www.attwatchtv.com/faqs. 

Number 1 issue is you have to have location services enabled.  AT&T does not provide WatchTV service without the ability to spy on you when the app is running.  But at least its only keeping track of where you are when the app is active. The setup could be more clear that location services must be enabled.  Why does the app need location services?  Are localized commercials coming in these streams someday? [Rhetorical]

Second, once Locations Services are enabled under Settings, you have to know where to look.  You can find all on demand content through Discover.  There is a Browse section and you can then select Networks.  Then choose your channel to see the on demand content.  I was hoping this would be more encompassing that the standard access you have through, say, the HGTV apple TV app opened by a Directv satellite subscription, but there seems to be less content on WatchTV.  HGTV's Mexico Life, for example, has 12 episodes available under WatchTV, less than one full season, and the HGTV app on AppleTV enabled with Directv sign on had the full season three and I stopped looking after I scrolled through 1/2 of season 2 there too. 

But the Premium app service seems golden.  There were 100's of on demand movies on Starz.  I'm not sure how many there would be under a direct subscription to Starz.  I was told that Starz on DirectTV would be active after 72 hours from starting AT&T WatcTV More Premium.  It's been 96 hours for me, but only a couple with location services active.  I will give this a day to work through the systems and post again whether Starz on Satellite begins to work.  

Message 5 of 7
Teacher

Location services are almost always first about data-mining and targeted ads with companies like ATT who sell this to third parties. There are no user benefits in this case.

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Sage

@sonofsnak wrote:

Location services are almost always first about data-mining and targeted ads with companies like ATT who sell this to third parties. There are no user benefits in this case.

But there are user limits.  WatchTV won’t work while roaming.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support