Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unable to add HBO to Watch TV

Highlighted
Contributor

Unable to add HBO to Watch TV

Hello,

I have  AT&T Unlimited &More plan with 4 lines in my account. After June 26, I activated Watch TV subscription and it's working well. My only complaint is I can not add HBO to my watch tv subscription. Does HBO available on Watch TV? Attached screenshot for reference

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 12.53.41 PM.png

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 19
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎07-03-2018 8:10 AM

Re: Unable to add HBO to Watch TV

Hey @testuser3130 - with the Unlimited &More plan, you get the WatchTV app included with your account. However, with Unlimited &More Premium plan, you get access to WatchTV as well as an option to one of these 7 premiums: HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, VRV, Pandora, or Amazon Music.

To have HBO and WatchTV both included in your account, you have to have the Unlimited &More Premium plan.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 19
Contributor

I also have the AT&T Unlimited and more Premium Plan and i am unable to add HBO to my WatchTV. I upgraded service because I was told I would be able to access HBO right away it has been 3 days since i upgraded and nobody has been able to help me.

Message 3 of 19
Contributor

I also have the issue but with VRV

Message 4 of 19
Teacher

Same issue here

I signed up on June 30 for the Unlimited and More Premium plan. It’s now Day 29 and I’m still unable to verify my # and access WatchTV or HBO

Interestingly, the board moderators here are erasing posts that talk about these issues.

i know the product manager for WatchTV and seems senior management at AT&T is pretty spooked about how poorly the rollout of the service went. They’re now trying to avoid bad press related to all the issues they’re having and have instructed the social media teams and forum moderators to either ignore or delete posts that’s talk about people unable to access WatchTV.

Message 5 of 19
Contributor

I have searched and nothing, That would make sense, I called ATT they related it is direct TV not a problem they can fix....Zonk...Contract is up soon....
Message 6 of 19
Teacher

Same here, going on 30 days without getting what I am paying for.

The reason I switched to Unlimited premium was that i could cancel another service I have.

Now I'm paying for both because Watchtv is a failure.

I even had an agent have me start the free trail to see if I could activate it after that and of course, it doesn't work.

The repetitive commercials are comparable to Pluto but thats free so I expect that.

If they don't have it working in a week, I'm looking into getting phone service somewhere else.

Message 7 of 19
Contributor

Hello,

I changed my plan to Unlimited and Premium but still, I do not see HBO on my watch tv account. What should I do now?

Message 8 of 19
Scholar

Its been 36 days since I signed up for the Unlimited & more Premium Plan - still no access to WatchTV or HBO.

They can't seem to figure out how to solve the problem.

Message 9 of 19
Teacher

I now have access after getting agent to change account login info but do not have access to new hbo content, freezing up, shutting down, glitching out, and way too many commercials.

If this service that I am paying for doesn't actually work properly by the end of the month I'm changing providers completely.

It is absolutely unbelievable that they are marketing and selling a service that doesn't work.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 10 of 19
Teacher

Also I have 4 unlimited lines and am only able to stream watchtv on only one line?

Isn't that false advertisement?

The watchtv is included with unlimited premium so shouldn't it be included with each unlimited premium line of service?

Message 11 of 19
Teacher

It doesn't matter if you are able to add it because after I was able to it won't allow me to access new content so I'm switching back to my hulu version because it actually works.

Message 12 of 19
Contributor

Same happening here. Switched to Unlimited & More Premium, set up Watch TV but I am unable to add HBO because it says that I am not "an AT&T Unlimited & More Premium customer". It has been a couple of days already. 

Message 13 of 19
Teacher

It took me almost a month to get them to get it working and now iI cannot watch new shows on HBO and it glitches horribly and my slow internet speed is between 30-50 mbps.

Message 14 of 19
Voyager

Same here, have the Premium plan and unable to add HBO.  It says I'm not a Premium customer when I go to the account page.  Chatted with Customer Service and after 4 tries I got a CSR who told me they "manually added" HBO to my account but it will take up to 72 hours to work.  So far I'm on 48 hours and I highly doubt I'll see the service by tomorrow.  I've even downloaded the HBO Go app to check and it says the same, "I'm not a Premium Customer".  Horrible service to roll out that is pretty much still in beta.

Message 15 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support