Explore & discover

Helpful Links

HBO Missing Episode on Watch TV App

Contributor

HBO Missing Episode on Watch TV App

HBO’s Sharp Objects Episode 1 is missing from the Watch TV app as part of my Unlimited & More Premium Plan. The rest of the episodes for the series are available. I’ve contacted tech support several times and have been told that it would be fixed and that it was been escalated to a supervisor who was to handle it personally. However, the issue continues to be unresolved. I was also told I would receive email communication regarding the status, but I haven’t received anything at all. None of the tech support team members seemed to want my reference number either. It seems all episodes of all other shows are available. Why is this one missing? How much longer should I be expected to wait to have my issue resolved? 

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by haleysea
‎07-25-2018 11:50 AM

Re: HBO Missing Episode on Watch TV App

@haleysea

Access via HBO go.  ATT may not have access to older episodes or seasons in the on demand section

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

@lizdance40 

Ok I just tried this and it says I don’t have HBO  and need to upgrade my plan to ATT Unlimited & More. I have ATT Unlimited & More Premium. So frustrating. Any suggestions? 

83E6E12E-A164-4612-883E-D1E5B08A0824.pngI have ATT Unlimited & More Premium

Message 3 of 7
Contributor

@nipul

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. If I had known these issues, I would have kept my old ATT plan and my HBO NOW subscription. I can’t go back to my old plan now. I feel cheated. 

Message 4 of 7
Contributor

Then how do you explain that the episode that just aired last weekend isn't available? The app shows the episode # and picture but won't play. The previous one does. Is there also a waiting period before it can be viewed? If so, why is there no indication of this nor any disclosure from AT&T that this is another limitation of the service (like only one device at a time)?

Message 5 of 7

HBO GO is only available via subscription thru DirecTV or the app. They now want $18.99 a month for HBO through DirecTV. $14.95 on the free standing app. I have the Att wireless premium plus plan also and have the watch TV app with HBO and they haven't let me see  new episodes of Real Time or Last Week tonight until 2 weeks have passed. Att is is so greedy an dishonest. If you try to inquire from customer support for DirecTV or Att wireless they just give the run around. It's truly sad they spend so much time and effort trying to get customers and once you sign a 2 year contract your pretty much screwedScreenshot_20190330-172136_AT&T WatchTV.jpg

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

@Tonyzany23 wrote:

HBO GO is only available via subscription thru DirecTV or the app. They now want $18.99 a month for HBO through DirecTV. $14.95 on the free standing app. I have the Att wireless premium plus plan also and have the watch TV app with HBO and they haven't let me see  new episodes of Real Time or Last Week tonight until 2 weeks have passed. Att is is so greedy an dishonest. If you try to inquire from customer support for DirecTV or Att wireless they just give the run around. It's truly sad they spend so much time and effort trying to get customers and

If you have AT&T Watch TV then go to https://play.hbogo.com/login ON A COMPUTER and try to login with your credentials. It has that as an option.

Regardless, they don't tell you that you'll get HBO Go, they just say HBO. That said, it should work just fine.

once you sign a 2 year contract your pretty much screwed

You do NOT have a 2-year contract by default (if you do then you called and specifically asked for it).

The only commitment unless you request a contract, is a commitment to pay off the phone (which you'd have if you bought it on a credit card).

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support