Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Does Apple TV's TV app search WatchTV? Starz Content

Teacher

Does Apple TV's TV app search WatchTV? Starz Content

Is WatchTV a part of the Apple TV TV app where searching for a title includes many different content providers or do we need to search specifically in WatchTV for content?  

How can I find a full list of On Demand content available on WatchTV from Starz, my chosen premium?  (I am on WatchTV More Premium)

I have DIrectTV Satellite. I was told the premium channel service (Starz) would activate on my DirecTV account within 72 hours.  Was that misinformation?  Can I not receive the Starz channels though Satellite or Starz AppleTV app? 

Message 1 of 5
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTCustomerCare
‎07-03-2018 8:02 AM

Re: Does Apple TV's TV app search WatchTV? Starz Content

Hey @ThumperEX - looks like you already made the switch to the Unlimited &More Premium plan!

With Starz as your chosen premium, you have access to Starz programming through the WatchTV app. At this time, you do not have access to the Starz stand-alone app with your credentials, but since you have DIRECTV tied to this, you can also watch your Starz programming there (just give it about 72 hours to appear on your channel line-up).

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Teacher

No sir/ ma'am .  I turned on service Friday and I still don't have service.  That was almost 96 hours ago. @ATTCustomerCare

I would also appreciate an answer to the rest of the question. 

Does Apple TV TV App search WatchTV programming?

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Can you answer when/if this is planned? For Starz and other networks. We would like to log into the stand alone apps with our ATT WatchTV credentials.

Message 4 of 5
Teacher

Starz did turn on in Directv satellite after a very long wait.  Much longer than 96 hours.  I checked everyday from beginning of July until I went on vacation and it wasn't there as a subscription channel.  I came back from vacation and the starz channel was active.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support