Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Stay secure with OAuth & Secure Mail Keys
We’re enhancing the security of AT&T Mail.

Were you asked to update your settings and apps?

If you’re like most people, you have email apps that let you read and manage email on your computer and mobile devices. For your security, we suggest you only use email apps with an email technology known as Open Authentication or OAuth. OAuth encrypts your username and password to protect your info from hackers and fraudsters.

If you are using Outlook, or any other desktop program / email app that is not currently compatible with Open Authentication (OAuth), you will need to create a Secure Mail Key.

Soon you’ll have to use either OAuth or a Secure Mail Key to get your email through an app. But, don't worry! This page will help point you to all you need to ensure your service is not interrupted.

Latest discussions about OAuth, Secure Mail Key & AT&T Mail settings ...

Secure Mail Key

I added a secure mail key a couple of months ago, do I still need to follow the instructions for setting up another one?
by DaChief on Nov 16, 2019 6:04 PM
1 1 Reply 142 Views

Old phone number

I moved from my old address to my current address 1 and a half years ago. I disconnected my landline phone prior to the move; yet ...
by Bundler on Nov 15, 2019 8:06 PM
1 1 Reply 182 Views

incoming email not updating

Recently switched to Windows 19. Since noon 11/14/2019 no incoming emails have been received and I have several subscriptions whic...
by SFReedy on Nov 15, 2019 12:37 PM
1 1 Reply 190 Views

Email account - security

I've gotten your messages regarding use of an email app and pending security updates. I use Yahoo to access my AT&T email account,...
by SWestNTX on Nov 15, 2019 10:22 AM
3 3 Replies 570 Views

email address is out of date.

The email address for my Direct TV account has been closed for years. Attempted to update but failed on several occasions. Also pr...
by Nathan1979 on Nov 15, 2019 3:36 AM
1 1 Reply 149 Views