Explore & discover

Helpful Links

NBA Quarterly Report

NBA Quarterly Report

It's hard to believe - but the NBA season is already 1/4-way done!

With all of the teams either having played (or will soon play) their 20th game, this seems like a good time to step back and take stock of where teams are.

Which team has been the most surprising? Which team has been the most disappointing? Who is the MVP, 20-games in?

Have you seen anything that might keep the Warriors from a 3peat?

Message 1 of 3

Re: NBA Quarterly Report

My biggest surprise (and disappointment) is the Utah Jazz. They had an outstanding 2nd half of last season, a strong playoff run, an exciting young player (in D. Mitchell), a top-ranked defense and were bringing the entire team back.

Now, Mitchell seems to have not improved any, they have one of the worst defenses in the league and a losing record at home. I thought they'd be the 3rd or 2nd best team in the West and, right now, they are 14th in the West. The only team with a worse record is the Phoenix Suns.

While other teams (Rockets, Celtics, Spurs) are having bad starts - they all have changing and challenging circumstances that can explain their struggles. I have no earthly idea what is wrong with Utah or how they can fix whatever it is.

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: NBA Quarterly Report

I think Durant and Green have shown that the team that has the best chance of standing between the Warriors and another championship ring is still the Warriors.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support